|Kendo armor - do|
|Soon finished cutting|
|Seems much better|
After that I went up to the attic to check for any possible close-enough fabrics for the armor's upper pattern. I didn't found anything very similar but I thought this one snake skin-ish fabric was pretty cool for it. It has a nice sheen too and should look pretty sweet with the red spray paint under it. I didn't work on the armor any more for that day after getting the fabric.
Today (26th June) I continued working on the armor. The first thing I did was cut out a test piece of the fabric and take a scrap piece of polystyrene and well, hot glue the fabric on it to test if it would stick and stay.
|Sits like a mountain, success!|
|Pattern cut out|
|Fabric cut out|
|Armor after sanding edges and drilling holes into it|
|I didn't waste much paint on the upper part because it would be covered anyway..|
|After hot gluing the front|
|Preparations for gluing the back|
|A part of the backside hot glued|
|Paint paint paint paint...|
When the paint had dried I made the edge border around the armor's upper part with hot glue.
|Glue glue glue glue...|
|... and paint paint paint paint some more.|
When the golden paint finally had dried I just had to put on the ties and call it done!