April 24, 2013

New wig and more shinsengumi for the summer

Went to town after school today and picked up a new wig from the post office, heheh. I have planned to cosplay Souji Okita from Bakumatsu Renka Shinsengumi this summer and I'm one of those persons who tend to buy the wig almost first so, yeah. It took me quite a long time to settle on what to get because his hair is this color that seems to vary from silver to light gray-blue to white-ish blue and ahkfdsjk. Don't we all just love inconsistent references so much? lolnope

Okita from Bakumatsu Renka Shinsengumi
I found a few (Japanese) cosplayers who had cosplayed him and it seemed the majority had used a light blue wig.. but I personally wanted to have some white/silver in it too. I then found on eBay this rather cheap blue-white mix wig that made me go "close enough" and I went with it because hey, the cheaper the better, heh. I don't even need to cut it or anything and I finally got a reason to buy a two-color wig, hehehe ~

I really like this wig's color and it's not too thin either.. I was afraid it wouldn't have so much fibers because it was on the cheaper side. Only not-so-cool thing was that it shedded a bunch of fibers when I touched it at first so I got a bit worried. Oh well, it stopped doing that after a while of hand-combing so it's pretty okay now.

Later at home I just had to do a very quick try-on. Excuse me the yellow bathroom light. ._. I didn't bother with make-up either. I'll take better photos later when I've made the armor and stuff.


The red collar is temporary and ghetto; I just took a wide sash I had lying around, folded it in half and wrapped it around my neck and the excess I tied around my lower chest... it was uncomfortable so I'll either make a juban or a fake kimono collar later.

Oh well, I'll reveal what con I will cosplay this portrayal of Okita at later. I'll also work on him more around June or so; I need to finish Masamune Date first.

7 comments:

  1. Muistatko yhtään, että miltä eBay myyjältä ostit tuon peruukin? :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myyjä oli tämä: http://stores.ebay.com/freeviviennecosplaywigstore

      Delete
  2. Don´t do that too me, I just love white and blue. Also got me thinking of creating a OC when I see this wig. Oh you look really good in it too =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't we all love obscure historical series? x)
    Anyway this wig looks cool, I'm totally voting for two-colored wigs ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG yay that wig looks great <3 It fits Okita very well! ^^ <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good as Okita! <3 Yesh, it’s so difficult to find accurate wigs for that hair color. >.< I think you made a good choice picking the two-color wig. ^o^ It even matches your hoari!

    ReplyDelete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!