October 30, 2012

Falkner close to done!

Guess what's up guys??

I've done some more Falkner progress today, I'm close to the goal now!
I finished the feet things. They feel rather.. funny.. when worn because they're like mega long sock tubes held up by elastics. xD

 Here's a photo of what they look like:


I continued on the jacket also. I added the white trim to the bottom by piecing together long straight 11,5 cm wide strips of off-white leftover fabric at the jacket seams. Like this:


After I had done that the only thing left was to hem the front and add the pom poms. I actually ordered the pom poms from America (eBay) because I couldn't find big enough ones in Finland. They were cheap too; I think they cost under 5 dollar with shipping included. Beat that Tiimari. lol

Huge and fluffy pom poms!
I just handsewed them to the jacket's front. I didn't want to glue them on because if I would need to wash the jacket in the future the pom poms would get damaged. It's better to sew them on so I can just remove the stitches holding them in place if I need to.

The finished jacket looks like this:

Yes, the pom poms are huge. They stick out and make the whole thing look cartoony. xD
I'm kinda pleased with the cosplay so far except that there's some flaws like the skipped stitches and some other things. *shrugs* Oh well, I think it's fine considering I've done this in such a rush, ahaha. It's not too bad but I could have been more careful with the sewing sometimes. ._.

Hmmm... now I only have left to fix the shoes. I hope I'll get them over and done with soon so that I can start focusing on the packing.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Oh it is looking really good =D
    Great work on it. I hope you will have a great time at the con also.

    ReplyDelete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!