June 24, 2018

Lens review: I.Fairy Ruby Green

Hello everyone!

I'll show you all the beautiful I.Fairy Ruby Green circle lenses today, also sometimes known under the name Vassen Ruby Green. It's definitely a suitable lens for cosplay but it can also do a lot more than that!

Let's go~



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 16.2 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


You might wonder how come the lens vials are so drastically different but I'll assure you these are as legit as they get – I bought these lenses from I.Fairy's own website ifairycon. The lenses are from different batches (one is plano, other is -0.50) so that might explain the different vials but honestly, I've never even seen an I.Fairy lens in those normal sized bottles before. xD I.Fairy lenses typically come in those smaller ones but oh well, maybe they had a shortage or something, who knows.

These lenses have a rather simple design featuring a black limbal ring with some longer and shorter streaks running towards the center. The design of the I.Fairy Ruby series is balancing on the line between anime/fantasy and semi-natural – although I'd personally say that it leans more towards the unnatural department. It's a really nice lens with great color pigmentation!

One lens in.
As you can see these lenses are big, not ultra massive but definitely sizable and will probably look weird without any kind of eye makeup. The bold black rim makes the lenses appear bigger as well, while also adding to the 'anime' eye effect. These lenses have a pretty intense impact and are very noticeable and stand out – good cosplay lens material, in other words. Color coverage is good!

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a June afternoon with a semi-clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light indoors.
Yellow room light indoors.
Flash photo indoors.
Bathroom light.
Unlit corridor. (natural light in the distance)
Facing window. (backyard view, hence the green tint cuz trees etc)
Outdoors, back against sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun while standing under the roof's shadow.
Outdoors, facing the sun.
The color is great, it really looks green and has an interesting shade! It actually goes quite well with my real eye color (grayish blue) and brings out the little hint of green that I have. It's not a natural green as it leans more to being emerald than any kind of realistic green normally found on human eyes, but it's a fancy shade nonetheless and a great color – if you enjoy green lenses you'll likely want to try these.

Comfort is okay. Nice upon insertion but seems to dry a bit fast-ish. Estimated 2-4 hours wearing time if you happen to possess equally dry and sensitive eyes as I do, if not, then probably 3-6 hours or something like that. It's really hard to give estimates to others as every pair of eyes are different, hence why comfort grades should always be viewed as individual – lenses that might be highly comfortable for one person might be shitty to someone else and vice versa.
Distance photos!



Want to see the I.Fairy Ruby lenses but in different colors?
I've reviewed some more pairs here: Brown, Red

Short summary:

Color: 8/10
Beautiful green with an interesting emerald-like shade. Great pigmentation.
Design: 8/10
Simple but eye-catching and really versatile.
Opacity: 8/10
Solid opacity. My eyes look undeniably green with these!
Enlargement: 8/10
Big, as expected from an I.Fairy lens.
Comfort: 5/10
Generally comfortable but seem to dry a bit fast for me. I'd say about 2-4 hours wear on dry eyes. Fine otherwise.
Naturalness: 3/10
Big and with a fancy green shade ain't gonna look natural on most people's books.

Thanks for reading my blog, I hope you found this review helpful! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!