June 20, 2018

Lens review: I.Fairy Sirius Blue

Hello peeps!

After some silence (blame the shit weather) I'm now back with another circle lens review and this time it's gonna be all about the I.Fairy Sirius Blue! I love the name Sirius, it sounds like it could be a character in a fantasy book. :D Thankfully these are about as magical as they sound!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 16.2 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)



I had high hopes for these as the design is really intricate and unique – it's not your ordinary everyday lens as the detailed pattern really makes these lenses busy-looking and enchanting. The size is also really generous and the thick bold limbal ring takes it to the next level. I guess the pattern could be described as geometric, although it kinda looks like it could be inspired from either flower petals, some fancy star or even a magic spell circle – whatever your imagination wants to interpret it as.

One lens in.
The blue color itself is on the darker side of medium and it's quite a deep color. I do honestly wish that it could perhaps have been a bit lighter (imagine icy blue, that would have been so rad!) but it's pretty cool as-is. I just think that a lighter shade would probably have made the elaborate pattern show up more and not disappear into the lens as much as it does, especially when viewed from a distance. It's not a big deal but I'm personally a sucker for intense light blue lenses and constantly hoping to come across the perfect pair, lmao.

The color coverage is good, although these lenses do the typical obvious ring in the middle were your real eye color shows completely and, depending on the light conditions and your real eye color, it might or might not 'clash' with your iris. This is extremely common with circle lenses in general and especially those with larger diameters so yeah, it's not something I really think twice about but I know that it tends to bother some wearers more than others. These do not blend all that well and because of the highly pigmented color these lenses end pretty abruptly at the center, meaning they won't look natural. Not like such a huge size and fancy pattern would look natural anyway.


Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a June afternoon with a semi-clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Indoors, natural roomlight.
Indoors, yellow roomlight.
Indoors, flash photo.
Bathroom light.
Indoors, unlit corridor.
Indoors, facing window to the backyard. (green tint comes from the bushes etc)
Outdoors, back against sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, indirect sunlight. (facing the sun while standing under a shadow)
Outdoors, facing sun.
Comfort is pretty nice. I can easily wear these past two hours, which is quite a feat on my stupidly dry eyes. Despite their size they don't feel uncomfortable and I don't feel them much at all, which is always a big plus. These lenses were also easy to insert and they feel quite thin. I would assume that average wearing time for me would be anything between 2-5 hours, but for people without dry and/or sensitive eyes I think 4-8 hours would be more like it. Better than average, definitely.

All in all I'm really happy with these! I'd say that this is an exquisite fashion lens over a cosplay lens; not saying it won't work for cosplay, just that the pattern makes the color of the lens look darker on distance photos and if you're looking for bright blue and 'popping' lenses then these will not quite cut it. But for alternative fashion and the like these are a great buy, especially if you like to take close-up photos as then these lenses really get to show off their fabulously artistic print! It's definitely a fun lens and is sure to make your peepers stand out and, depending on what kind of look you're going for, these can look quite ethereal and fantasy-like!

Distance photos!



Short summary:

Color: 7/10
A deep, darker-than-average blue lens. It looks good but I do personally wish that it was lighter as that would likely put more emphasis on the intricate print.
Design: 10/10
Beautiful, really stylized and detailed geometric print that is reminiscent of a magic casting spell.
Opacity: 8/10
Dense color pixels and thus provides a solid coverage.
Enlargement: 8/10
Really big and the massive limbal ring only adds to it.
Comfort: 7/10
Quite nice. I don't feel them much, easy to wear and no discomfort. Approximate 2-5 hours on super dry eyes.
Naturalness: 2/10
This is a fashion lens for the bold ones, it's really far from natural.

Thanks for viewing, I hope you found this review helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!