June 27, 2018

Lens review: Vassen Kirei Green

Happy summer folks!

Today is a day for another circle lens to be brought to the spotlight and reviewed – the Vassen Kirei Green (sometimes also found as I.Fairy Kirei Green)! Don't let the name fool you though, this is not your average green lens but a turquoise or seafoam green one!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 42% 
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)



These lenses look very blue in their vials, but when compared next to the Kirei Blue you can tell that these do have a greenish tint to them. I personally really like the design on these lenses and think that it's a great cosplay lens! The color is really vibrant and the thick black limbal ring adds to the 'anime eye' effect.
This is the kind of lens that looks best in sunlight, outdoors and close-up shots; in some indoor lights they lose a bit of their 'oomph' and look slightly more... sophisticated? It's not a make-or-break type of deal at all but yeah, these lenses really shine in the ideal light conditions so make use of that when you wear them out! o/

One lens in.
As you can see my real eye color is a light blue-gray and these actually look pretty nice on me! The bright color doesn't clash at the center badly, probably thanks to the slight fading and the yellowish shades around the pupil hole. These lenses have a respectable size increase and yes, looks quite dolly indeed. Also, if you like the so-called 'halo effect' then you'll enjoy these lenses as this pair does provide it! It's not the most obvious halo ever but it's there and it's lovely when it shows up.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a June afternoon with a semi-clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Indoors, natural room light.
Indoors, yellow room light.
Flash photo.
Bathroom light.
Indoors, poor (natural) light.
Indoors, unlit corridor.
Outdoors, facing sun while being under the roof's shadow.
Outdoors, facing sun while being under the roof's shadow. Cloudy.
Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing sun.
Outdoors, facing sun. Cloudy.
The comfort had me surprised. On all times I tried these before writing this review they were uncomfortable at first, mainly scratchy when I moved my eyes and they also blurred my vision. This discomfort lasted for somewhere around 15-30 minutes and once past that these were incredibly comfy! I had my doubts about these but after 4 hours it still felt like I wasn't even wearing lenses (despite starting at a screen all along, which normally makes lenses dry out even faster)! I have really sensitive and dry eyes naturally so 4 hours is really amazing in my standards nowadays. I think I could quite easily wear these anywhere between 4-8 hours, which is basically a con day. These also seem to be quite thin, which made them a bit hard to insert but, in return, it's probably a reason for why they feel so invisible once I got past the initial scratchiness – which only occurred if I moved my gaze, for some reason.

On all accounts this is a lens that is very suitable for cosplay, especially for characters with this kind of turquoise eye color! It's a beautiful lens, nice color payoff and the design is simple enough to be versatile yet striking. This kind of color is personally one of my favorites with circle lenses and I would recommend you to try these if you are of the same mind. :)

Distance photo!


Short summary:

Color: 8/10
Super nice and vibrant turquoise shade that is between green and blue.

Design: 8/10
Simple but very cute, youthful and versatile. A great cosplay lens!
Opacity: 7/10 

Approved color coverage, the pixels are dense but there's still enough transparency for a 'halo effect'.
Enlargement: 8/10
On the bigger side but not too big I'd say.

Comfort: 7/10 
Uncomfortable upon insertion (scratchy when I move my eyes, blurs vision) but once I endured the first 15 or so minutes then these were godly. I could easily wear these past 4 hours and it didn't even feel like I was wearing lenses, despite me having really dry eyes naturally.
Naturalness: 2/10
Too big, anime and colorful to fool anyone.

Thanks for reading my circle lens reviews! Stay cool out there!
Shiro Samurai says sayonara.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!