May 31, 2018

Lens review: TheDollyEye Starry Eye Gray

What's up?

I'll continue with the circle lenses as mentioned earlier – I have a lot of pairs waiting for their turn this summer so I'm totally gonna be chugging out a ton of reviews! 
Today's review will be about the Starry Eye Gray lenses made by TheDollyEye (aka DollyEye). I normally don't really care for gray lenses that much, as I think it's a pretty boring color, but I must admit that these lenses are something else!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.0 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


The Starry Eye series are really amazing in terms of design; it's one of those lenses that are really versatile and stunning. The print might not look all that extraordinary on first glance but it does transform your eyes into these glimmering, popping gemstones!
The lenses have this cool-toned gray color that really speaks to me. The lack of a prominent limbal ring makes these look surprisingly natural, despite the vibrant color. It's a pretty rare combination to find a lens that is both colorful, opaque and natural at the same time. x)

One lens in. Notice enlargement.
As you can see I have naturally light blue-gray eyes and these blend like a dream for me! The transition is so soft and fluid that you barely notice where the lens meets my real eye color, it's amazing. I also adore the pretty 'halo effect' at the edges, really gives my peepers that alluring, mystical look. 

The enlargement is pretty nice and the opacity does its job in perfect harmony. The lenses make such a fresh sparkly and lively look to my eyes – it's a really captivating and magical effect! I seriously love how these look, definitely one of my top favorite gray lenses that I've had so far. Never thought I'd be so captivated by a gray lens, lmao.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a May afternoon with a clear sky. Close-up photos are all free from color filters etc and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light in my apartment.
Yellow room light in my apartment.
Flash photo.
Bathroom light.
Unlit corridor. (natural light in the distance)
Facing window. (yeah that's some weirdass green light coming from the trees)
Outdoors, facing the sun while standing under a shadow.
Outdoors, back against the sun.
Outdoors, facing the sun.
Comfort is pretty nice. Bear in mind that I have problematic eyes that are really dry and sensitive, but even I can wear these for about 3-5 hours, which is really good in my standards as my eyes usually reject lenses after the first couple hours because of dryness. These are super easy to insert and really thin and comfortable – I barely feel them in my eyes, except for when they blur my vision for a few seconds every now and again.

I could keep praising these for all eternity but I just seriously dig how they look! It's such a soft look and I can't get enough of how they make my eyes look like bright crystals with that kind of fantasy flair that brings your thoughts to the purest beings. It's a super cute and attractive lens and I would recommend it for cosplay and j-fashion alike! The Starry Eye lenses actually almost look better in real life because of the nuances and reflections it does in all the different lights (I feel like my photos don't do them justice at all), it's simply fascinating how colored contacts can do such a big difference. Seriously get these if you want eyes like an angel.

Distance photo~


Want to see more Starry Eyes?
Check out these: Violet

Short summary:

Color: 9/10
Absolutely gorgeous gray that looks so fresh and ethereal. Even better in real life!
Design: 10/10
Beautiful design with a 'halo effect' and great depth to the way the color shows up.
Opacity: 7/10

Surprisingly good coverage when judged by how "streaky" the lenses appear in their vials.
Enlargement: 6/10
Big eyes are big but not overwhelming.
Comfort: 7/10 
Great. Really thin, easy to insert and invisible to wear. Blurs my vision sometimes but otherwise really nice. Estimated wearing time around 3-5 hours on dry eyes.
Naturalness: 5/10
Thanks to the absence of a prominent black rim and the flawless blending these do pass off as semi-natural.

Thanks for reading my lens reviews, I appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!