May 11, 2018

Lens review: TheDollyEye Pop C Light Blue

Hello sweeties!

I'm not gonna lie, the upcoming summer months will be very lens review heavy on my blog – I hope you guys won't mind too much. x) It's just that I have a lot of pairs that I had almost forgotten and that expire on the later half of this year and I really need to review them before it's too late!

Today's lens review will be of the Pop C Light Blue lenses by TheDollyEye (sometimes just spelled DollyEye). As far as I know TheDollyEye is just a rebranding label and so I'm actually really unsure of who is the real maker of these lenses, my guess is on EOS but I don't dare say anything in case it's wrong, lol.

Let's get to the review, shall we?



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.0 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


Oh sweet Jesus, I bought these ages ago! I can't even remember why I picked them in the first place, although I think they might have been on sale or something, lmao. Oh well, I don't regret anything as these lenses do have a pretty design, even though it's a quite common pattern. :D Speaking of which, the design actually reminds me of the GEO Angel series and other similar lens styles – it's characterized by a really thick black limbal ring and a simple design with a one-tone color.

The blue color in itself looks surprisingly opaque when worn and is more of a medium blue than a true light blue, at least in my opinion. When I think light blue lenses I am almost expecting these kind of ethereal ice eyes, haha. But in any case the color of these lenses is nothing to scoff at – it's definitely pretty and it does a good job in making my eyes look vivid and alluring.

One lens in.
The huge black rim gives the illusion of bigger eyes, which in turn makes for a younger, more innocent look. I actually like the effect, it's cute. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but it's a pretty classic circle lens look nonetheless. 
I think the color goes pretty well with my naturally light blue-gray eyes, although the black streaks and dots in the center kill any natural blending effect these might have had on light eyes, lol. It doesn't look bad by any means but the lenses just basically don't fade seamlessly into your real eye color at the center. No big deal.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a May morning with a clear sky. Close-up photos are all free from color filters etc and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.


Natural room light in my apartment.
Yellow room light in my apartment.
Bathroom light.
Facing a window.
Flash photo indoors.
Outdoors, with my back against the sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun.
The comfort is okay-ish but nothing to write home about, at least not for me. They do feel moist and refreshing upon insertion but slowly turned into a case of itchy and scratchy show, at least one of the lenses did. All along I felt them in my eyes, especially when I moved my gaze I would feel the lens clearly – it wasn't directly uncomfortable, just annoying. That "thick" feeling never really went away either. I still somehow managed to wear them for 2 hours before the signs of dryness kicked in, which is pretty average in my standards as my eyes are really dry and sensitive. I would guess wearing time could be anything between 1-3 hours, more or less. Of course if you don't suffer from Sahara-eyes then you can probably add several extra hours of wear, lol.

Distance photo!


Want to see more of these lenses?
Review: Brown
Short summary:

Color: 7/10
The blue looks blue and looks good too. Nothing to complain about.
Design: 6/10
Kind of a classic design I'd say but hey, it works!
Opacity: 7/10
These do make my eyes look blue with all certainty. I was expecting more transparency, glad to be proved wrong.
Enlargement: 6/10
Gives the illusion of bigger eyes but it's not like AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH.
Comfort: 3/10 
Wearable but quite stingy. I feel them in my eyes and they start to dry in about 2 hours on my super sensitive eyes.
Naturalness: 2/10
Not with that massive limbal ring.

Thank you for reading, as always! Leave a comment if you have any questions ~
Shiro Samurai says bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!