June 3, 2018

Lens review: TheDollyEye Starry Eye Violet

Hello people!

Yep, you guessed right – it's a circle lens review that I'll invite you all to today! It's the Starry Eye Violet by TheDollyEye (also simply DollyEye) that's on the limelight this time. Let's get to reviewing these gorgeous sparkly bastards, whoop-di-doo ~



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.0 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


Already by looking at how the lenses appear in the little glass bottles you can figure out that the color's gonna be delicious. It's this really vivid, rich violet that speaks volumes to me and, even better, the transparency of the lens provides a 'halo effect' that amplifies these babies to eleven! It's a really breathtaking lens and looks absolutely stunning!

One lens in. Notice size difference.
On the photo above you can see that I have light blue-gray eyes and these look really nice on me. Of course the color's not going to be natural but I dare say that the soft blending effect and the lack of a prominent limbal ring still makes these seem, somehow, not too fake-looking despite the clearly unnatural color. Also, the color coverage is good, although I did notice that in some poorer lights the lenses appear a bit gray-ish on first glance – it's no big deal and, if you stay past that first glance, you will notice that they are in fact violet.

The way the lenses are designed makes them look really fresh and mesmerizing – it's like there's this constant shimmering and glimmering effect to my eyes and it's wonderful. The streaky design provides depth and really pulls the viewer's gaze in – you can't really go wrong with these if you're looking to make an impression. The lenses makes my eyes look young and alive and it's quite the delightful look!

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during an afternoon with a clear sky. Close-up photos are all free from color filters etc and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light in my apartment.
Yellow room light in my apartment.
Flash photo.
Bathroom light.
Unlit corridor. Only natural light in the distance.
Facing window. Weird green light being reflected from the trees...
Outdoors, facing the sun while standing under a shadow.
Outdoors, with my back against the sun.
Outdoors, facing the sun.
Comfort is just like on their gray counterparts – all good. I do struggle with a case of super dry bullshit eyes but I can wear these for about 3-5 hours just fine, which is really good in my book as my eyes tend to rebel after the first hour for most lenses I've tried lately. These are really easy to put on and super thin and invisible –they are so comfortable that I don't feel them in my eyes at all, except for the few instances when they would blur my vision for a few seconds.

What can I say? These lenses are amazing. I would definitely repurchase them and because of their bright and popping color I would recommend them in a heartbeat for cosplay and j-fashion alike – I'm sure these are versatile and would be a great addition to almost any outfit that turns heads. It's a beautifully vivid lens and I must admit that these actually look better in real life than on my photos, haha. My photos don't do these justice.

 Distance photo!


Want to see more Starry Eyes?
Check these out: Gray

Short summary:

Color: 9/10
Awesome crystal-like violet that looks magical and really pops!
Design: 10/10
Stunning design with a nice 'halo effect' and depth.
Opacity: 7/10

Despite how transparent and "streaky" they look in the vials the color coverage is no joke!
Enlargement: 6/10
Just big enough.
Comfort: 7/10 
Thin and really comfy to wear. Sometimes blurs my vision for a moment but otherwise no problems. Estimated wearing time about 3-5 hours on dry eyes.
Naturalness: 3/10
Violet was never natural and especially not such a vibrant shade but hey, still pretty okay.

Thanks for reading my blog, I truly appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!