December 6, 2016

Lens review: I.Fairy Venus Brown

Hello and happy Independence Day to Finland!

Today I have a circle lens review to share. I will be reviewing the I.Fairy Venus Brown lenses, which I've been eyeing for a long time before I finally decided to try them. It's a really beautiful lens with a unique pattern!

Let's go ~



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 16.2 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)



I honestly love the design of these lenses – it's a really unique, gothic, mystical lens with an intricate swirly print. The outer edge is darker than the inner and makes these stand out but in a sophisticated, almost fantasy-like way. The color is a light brown shade, lovely yet soft. The swirls make me think about something Victorian-esque in style. I love these, they really speak volumes to me.

As with any  I.Fairy lenses these are definitely on the big side. The outer edge appears like a dark limbal ring when worn but because it's not solid black it makes the impact a bit smoother and less, err, animated? Not saying its natural but it's a bit watered down when compared to some other circle lenses with bolder limbal rings.

One lens in. Notice enlargement.
About comfort I can say that they aren't so comfortable but still wearable. The first time I tried these I could only wear them for 1 hour before they started to feel blergh; the second time it took 3 hours before they started to feel dry – no super long times but I've had worse. These lenses feel a bit annoying after insertion and I do feel them in my eyes but yeah, I love the design so much that I'll endure it and hey, that "lens in my eye" discomfort does lessen after a while.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a December morning with a semi-clear sky and a rising sun. Yeah, it's called polar night and the sun barely goes above the horizon, hence the poor/orange light. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Apartment room light. Lamps on.
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
Facing a window in the corridor. (not sun side)
Yellow light in the staircase.
Outdoors, facing the sun.
Outdoors, facing sun. Cloudy.
Outdoors, back against sun. (facing wall)
I'd definitely recommend these first-hand for peeps who prefer some "darker" fashion styles like goths, steampunk and Visual Kei etc. I guess they'd be fine for cosplay as well but I personally think the Venus series might be better suited for alternative fashion.

I'm a bit disappointed that I couldn't get a photo in clear non-orange sunlight because the sun doesn't rise far up in the horizon anymore (I'm lucky if it gets above the trees, lol) and thus the sunlight is a really bright orange most of the time. I don't have many sunlight hours to take the photos and yeah, I feel like my photos don't do the lenses justice because of that – they're prettier than they look. I had to hurry and my camera wasn't cooperating either... ;_;

Distance photo!


Want to see the I.Fairy Venus series in other colors?
Check out these reviews: Red

Short summary:

Color: 8/10
Pleasant and soft light brown.
Design: 10/10
Intricate yet mystic Victorian-esque whirls. Dark and mesmerizing.
Opacity: 8/10
Good coverage on my light blue-gray eyes.
Enlargement: 9/10
Really big.
Comfort: 4/10
A bit annoying at first and dry out somewhere between 1-3 hours on my sensitive eyes.
Naturalness: 2/10
Not natural because of the highly detailed print and massive size.

Thanks for viewing, I hope you found this review helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!