Okay, so on last Sunday (17th March) I decided on what pants pattern to use.. I had been very unsure about this for quite some time. I found an okay pattern at one of these sewing magazines mom occasionally buys. I just followed the instructions in the magazine and traced out the parts I needed from the pattern sheet.
|So.. much.. patterns...|
|But I managed to find, trace and cut out what I needed|
Yesterday I started the progress for real. First up was of course to put out the patterns and cut the fabric. I must say I had pretty much just enough fabric left for the pants.. the rest was used for the coat. Oh, and I saved all slightly bigger scrap pieces in case I can use them for Masamune's "wings" between his sword sheaths.. but more about that later.
Here's a few photos:
|Patterns pinned in place..|
|... and cut out.|
|Most common damage in this hobby I guess..? xD|
First thing to do was to take both front pieces, put them right sides against each other and sew them together at the.. err, crotch. xD I did the same to the back pieces of course.
|Outer seam sewed... turns out one side has a slightly longer leg by the way|
If they fit over a kimono at least they aren't too small! :DDD
|After I had passed the crotch seam..|
When I had finished sewing that part I checked that everything was alright and that the stitching had caught on both sides of the pants... which it hadn't.
|Fixing a pant leg...|
|This was the piece that was left|
(yes, I like me some Pepsi)
|After I had trimmed it to a 13 cm width|
|After i had cut it shorter|
Oh well, when I was half-way with sewing the tube to the pants the overlocking machine decided to quit. Mom tried to check what was wrong with it but it just didn't want to cooperate anymore for Saturday, despite some tries to get it to sew normally.
|Half finished waist-tube-thingy.. you can see to the left where it stopped sewing properly|
|Finished waist tube thing..|
I just had one thing to do now.. fold and sew the pant legs. They were a bit too long so I folded them over twice to get them to a good length. Of course I used a normal sewing machine for this.. can't do a straight stitch with an overlock...
|Folded and ready for sewing..|