Earlier today I thought about starting to make Masamune's pants but then I decided against it; I didn't feel like working with patterns. Instead I did the belt, figured it would be more fun.
First I took a measurement tape and measured about how long and how wide I wanted the belt to be. I made it double the width because I would be folding it in half later.
|I marked cutting lines on the wrong side of the fabric with a white pencil...|
|... and cut it out.|
|The ends are sewed together here..|
|While sewing it closed|
|To the left I'm holding the sides of the fabric folded in. (the remainind part which has not been sewn closed yet)|
To the right the fabric is lying down naturally/relaxed.. the pulling is still there.
|The belt closed|
|The fabric (it had that white part all along the top and bottom edges)|
|The backside of the golden fabric..|
|Lightning bolt decoration cut out|
|Prior to ironing..|
|After ironing and after i had cut off the excess.|
|Interfacing fabric side feat. sticky glue remains...|
|A new layer of interfacing fabric ironed on. (before cutting off excess)|
|Sewing it on.. I sewed in slow-motion and veeeery close to the edges...|
Here's two photos of the finished
super hero belt:
That's it for today, see ya!