May 4, 2016

Lens review: I.Fairy Trinity Green

Hello and May the 4th be with you! ;)

Once again I'm here to share a circle lens review with you peeps and this time the lights are on the I.Fairy Trinity Green lenses! These contact lenses have a very unique pattern and a blue-green teal color to them, niiiiiice ~ 

Let's roll out the review!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 16.2 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


Lens to the right shows wrong side out.
If you wonder why my lenses have different labels it's nothing to worry about – they just happen to be from different production batches. It happens. The authenticity stickers are more important to pay attention to.

One lens in.
As per usual I.Fairy lenses are quite big although, for some reason, these somehow feel smaller to me than many other I.Fairy lenses I've had...? Might just be an illusion though.
The Trinity series sport a really artistic design that makes me think about some kind of fantasy or gothic castle or something like that – it's really different and thus refreshing and intriguing! I can admit that I bought these mainly for the rad design, huehuehue. Another reason I was drawn to this pair was the teal color; you don't find lenses with said color that often and I love teal anyway.

Regarding comfort my first impression of these lenses wasn't all that good; I felt them clearly in my eyes and it bothered me. Luckily my eyes got used to them and so I can safely say that these lenses fall into the "uncomfortable at first but comfy after eyes get used to them" box. Comfort is otherwise kinda average, meaning that I get bouts of dryness with these and after about 3,5 hours I find myself thinking that I might want to take them off. Bear in mind though that I have rather sensitive eyes, seemingly.

Lens photos ahead!
All photos taken by me during a May afternoon with a mostly clear sky. All close-up photos are free from color filters and such and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Facing window in my apartment.
Apartment room light. (lamp on)
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
White corridor light.
Yellow corridor light.
Dim yellow staircase light.
Indoors storage room. (natural light)
Outdoors with indirect sunlight, aka sitting under the roof/shadows.
Outdoors, back against sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing sun.
I adore the color but I'd love it even more if it was a bit bolder. Now it feels like it blends in with my blue-gray eyes and thus loses some of its intensity, I don't know. For some reason I'm also thinking that these might 'pop' more on dark eyes. But whatever the case the color payoff is worthwhile because these do clearly make my eyes teal although, for some reason, it seems like the camera catches the color slightly better because they don't always look this vivid in real life. :/ Oh well, the design is the main selling point because it's seriously AMAZING and makes me want to purchase the Trinity lenses in other colors too!

Distance photo!

Because it's 4th May today I decided to throw together a
Star Wars inspired outfit for this lens review, hehehe ~
The design makes me think that these would be great for fantasy fashion looks like maybe something inspired by Alice in Wonderland – I can also imagine that these would fit for some steampunk, fairy kei and likely some other j-fashion styles too! Actually, I see quite a lot of potential styles these would work for and I'd recommend anyone interested to try the Trinity series because the print really is something extraordinary!

Short summary:

Color: 8/10
Lovely teal color but I somehow wish it was even more bright and intense.

Design: 10/10
Beautifully detailed print that makes me think about some fairytale castle!
Opacity: 7/10
Fairly opaque, but in some poorer lights they lose their vibrancy and seem to blend into my light eyes.
Enlargement: 8/10
Notable enlargement effect but it's not overwhelming.
Comfort: 5/10
Average. They feel a bit stingy direct after insertion but my eyes get used to them fairly fast. Start to feel dry after approximately 3,5 hours on my sensitive eyes.
Naturalness: 2/10
Neither the size, color nor the fancy print is anything like a real iris. Obviously contact lenses.

 Thanks for checking out this review! ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!