May 27, 2016

Lens review: Kimchi Misty Blue

Yobedooo~

Circle lens review day today! :) Today I'll be showing you the Kimchi Misty Blue lenses, which are actually prettier than one might first think! Personally I've grown really fond of this pair, especially because of the beautiful design which is surprisingly versatile in its uses!

But now, review time!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 16 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


Lens to the watcher's right shows wrong side out.
In the vials the lenses appear as a darkish blue with, perhaps, some minor hints of violet. The color is really pretty and the design, although the series is called Misty, looks much more crystal inspired. The design is irregular and kinda jagged, yet graceful and with an air of mystique and depth to them. The lenses have quite some black too so they are sure to appear a bit darker when actually worn – but nevertheless they will look beautiful on any eye colors, I'm pretty sure.

One lens in.
As you can see the enlargement boost is there but it's, surprisingly enough, not as big as I maybe expected. I'm used to both Kimchi and I.Fairy lenses always being bigger than average but this pair doesn't feel overwhelmingly big at all – I'm assuming the lack of a thick limbal ring adds to the impression, although the lenses do have a small black ring for definition.

These lenses felt very very slightly uncomfortable when I first put them in but that feeling went away quickly. I noticed that when I blinked my eyes did those squirty "eye sounds" for quite some time and I guess that might just be because my eyes were trying to get used to the lenses being there. You know, that sound and feeling when you blink and just when your eyelids pass by/touch the contacts... :') lol best description ever, 10/10.
Comfort is kinda average but please, don't take this for granted since my lenses were to expire this summer (had I not opened them) and I have sensitive eyes anyway. For me they actually started to give the first hints of dryness already around 1 hour of wear and after 2-3 hours I considered taking them off a couple of times. These lenses keep alternating between waves of dryness and then suddenly feeling comfy again!

Lens photos ahead!
All photos taken by me during a May afternoon with a semi-cloudy sky.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Facing window in my apartment, cloudy.
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
White corridor light.
Yellow corridor light.
Dim yellow light in the staircase.
Facing an orange-ish lamp in the staircase, with
natural light (from a window) coming from the side.
Indoors storage room, natural light.
Outdoors, back against light. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing light (cloudy) but being under the roof/shadow.
Outdoors facing sun, cloudy.
Outdoors facing sun, clear sky.
The blue color is deep and surprisingly intense, even though the design has many black portions in it. I honestly expected that the black would "dull down" the blue's vibrancy but it did not – and that's amazing! I really love the shade of blue because it makes my eyes look serene and fairytale-esque. ♥ The Misty Blue makes my eyes look crystalline and it's seriously super pretty!

Distance photo!


It's a really graceful cosmetic circle lens with a magical flair that, despite its intricate print, works just as well for more casual looks as well as cosplay and j-fashion. I'm actually positively surprised by how well these lend themselves to everyday looks with minimal makeup! Needless to say it's a very versatile and multi-purpose circle lens that can see a lot of use with many different people. :) 
These colored contact lenses enhance my light blue-gray eyes and make my peepers fit into that perfect middleground between fantasy and passable for everyday! I love these and I'm sure they would look dazzling on brown eyes too ~

Short summary:

Color: 9/10  
Beautiful deep blue color that has great vibrancy, despite the amount of black in the print.
Design: 9/10
Gorgeous crystal-like design with irregular edges. Gives a magical and graceful flair.
Opacity: 8/10
The colored parts are surprisingly covering. The "blending line" is discreet as well.
Enlargement: 7/10
For being a Kimchi lens these don't feel all that big.
Comfort: 6/10
Rather average. Start to feel dry after a couple hours but this could very well be because my lenses were to expire this summer, had I not opened them.
Naturalness: 2/10
The detailed and dark print is too 'busy' to look realistic on light eyes.

Thank you for reading my contact lens reviews!
Shiro Samurai says bye bye ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!