October 31, 2020

Lens review: I.Fairy Moonlite Yellow

Yo-hi-ho!

Oh shit, two yellow lens reviews in a row?! Yes it's true! :D This does not happen often but I am doing it and this time it's the I.Fairy Moonlite Yellow, a super bright yellow lens with all the sass in the world, let's go!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 16.2 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


Just like with the blue and green pair these are huge and with very solid color coverage. The design basically consists of a cute dotted inner circle, a black rim and then just a boatload of vibrant yellow that will cover even your deepest, darkest soul. Okay, almost.

One lens in.
This is such a bright, fresh and vibrant yellow color and it has all the charm and attitude to back it up! They are pretty damn big as well and do provide a somewhat dolly look, depending on how you dress up of course. I get some lowkey 'anime' vibes from these as well and I feel like it's a worthwhile lens for cosplaying, especially if you need lenses that will show up from any distance.

The thing with the design of these lenses is how flippin' large the pupil hole is! Like almost literally my complete iris is visible through the center and the yellow begins almost where my real iris ends. You can in some lights see a slight 'halo effect' where the overlap of iris and lens occurs.
Some people don't like this look and most times I'm not a fan of huge pupil holes either... except for this particular design on which it works in a cool way. I think it's the huge contrast in color, the unapologetic vibrancy of the lens that just throws any attempts at normalcy through the window. :D These lenses are over the top and they won't step down from that throne!

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during a noon with a clear sky. All close-up photos are free from color filters and such and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Indoors, natural room light.
Indoors, yellow room light.
Bathroom light.
In a corridor, weak distant natural light only.
Flash photo.
Facing a window. (not sun side)
Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun while under a shadow.
Outdoors, facing the sun.
Just like with the other lens reviews I've done these past months (and the ones I will be doing for a while longer) these lenses were sadly in the cardboard box I had forgotten about. They were expired  by the time I found them again so I can't grade comfort properly and will base the grade solely on the few minutes I wore these lenses for the sake of taking these review photos. My first (and only) impression was that these lenses were thin, I didnt feel them at all and they appeared to be comfortable overall. If anything there might have been a very slight drying sensation although that could easily just as well be my naturally dry eyes acting up, as they always do. My guess is that these lenses I could likely wear for 4-5 hours if they had not been expired. I of course immediately discarded these lenses after I was done taking the photos, do not wear expired lenses to events etc.

I would honestly recommend these if you like lenses that turn heads or if you just have an affinity for unnatural lenses. These are beautiful and slightly crazy at the same time, I love that thrilling combo haha. This is such an simple yet unique design and combined with yellow, which is a rare lens color in itself, it becomes such a treat! This is great for cosplay, j-fashion, pastel goth, cyberpunk and whatnot. The sky's the limit!

Distance photo~


Want to see more Moonlite colors reviewed? 
I got you covered: Blue, Green

Short summary:

Color: 10/10
Amazingly true yellow lens, for the thrill-seekers who want to stand out. 

Design: 7/10
A cute dotted inner circle coupled with a thin black rim and opaque yellow. Simple but effectful.
Opacity: 10/10

Extremely covering and all over your faces.
Enlargement: 8/10

Belongs in the big eye club.
Comfort: 7/10

Thin, I don't feel them in my eyes at all and overall comfy. Perhaps a tiny bit drying?
Naturalness: 0/10

Biggest nope in history.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!