October 8, 2020

Lens review: I.Fairy Moonlite Green

Yayaya!

I'm continuing once more with circle lens reviews. Yep, the corona pandemic screwed up the whole con season so I've had very little inspiration to work on cosplays and that of course translates to no progress posts. So to fill up the void I'm continuing to push out circle lens reviews so that, one day, I will get rid of my huge backlog. xD So today it's the I.Fairy Moonlite Green on the house, let's go!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 16.2 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


Look at how bright and amazing these are! There's a thin black limbal ring, a dotted center and a single, solid mint green color – that's some serious pastel vibes eyy~ 8D Yes, these lenses are also positively huge just like one should expect from I.Fairy. I'm honestly in love with them already, this is such a rare color to find and I love everything that stands out from the crowd.

One lens in.
BOOM-SHAKA-WAU-WAU! This shit's lit! :D Like my gosh I adore that color asdasdfadafd. It's so vibrant, so full of attitude and sure as heck to show up even from a distance! Of course you can tell that the pupil hole is huge on these and that the color is pretty much only on the outer edges but honestly, in this case it actually looks pretty damn cool. Like the style of the lens works with this kind of effect. Normally I'm not a fan of huge pupil openings combined with lenses that don't even try to blend but yeah, in this case the lenses are already so unapologetically intense that the whole 'clash' look actually looks good? I don't know how to explain, it's like the funkyness is already way over the roof so you stop caring about any attempts to bring it back to the ground lol.

Lens photos coming up!
All photos taken by me during an noon with a clear sky. All close-up photos are free from color filters and such and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Indoors, natural room light.
Indoors, yellow room light.
Bathroom light.
In a corridor, poor distant natural light only.
Flash photo.
Facing a window, not sun side.
Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun while standing under a shadow.
Outdoors, facing the sun.
Just like with the other lens reviews I've been doing lately these awesome lenses were part of that doomed cardboard box I had put away and well, completely forgot about until literal years later when I randomly found it again. So yeah, sadly these babies had expired and I could only take these photos for the review and then I had to discard them. It stung.. but no can do. 
I can't really grade comfort because of that but I can say that based on my first (and only) impression these lenses were extremely comfortable – super thin, invisible to wear, overall comfortable and due to the huge pupil opening there is no risk of seeing green corners in my vision field. My guess is that I could easily wear these for 4-5 hours if they had been fresh and not expired, which is very good considering how annoyingly dry my eyes are naturally. But as I said, that's just a guess as I can't know due to me not wearing these lenses for more time than what was necessary to get the photos...

Overall I'd say highly recommended. These are so insanely green that it's all over your face, it literally does not matter where I stand as these lenses will show up. If you ever wanted like hyper noticeable lenses for a rave or punk outfit or anything then these will fit that deal! This is also a great lens for cosplaying, especially if you need the color to show up on photoshoots from a distance. Overall this is such a fun lens to have and I honestly kick myself for not rediscovering that goddamn box earlier so that I could have gotten more time with these. ;_; 

Distance photo!


Check out my other reviews on the Moonlite series: Blue, Yellow

Short summary:

Color: 10/10
Can I get a huge "FUCK YEAH"? :D Amazingly vibrant mint green.

Design: 7/10

Dotted inner circle and super intense color. Small black rim completes the simple but effective awesomeness.
Opacity: 10/10

Amazing coverage on the colored parts, even more when considering how light pastel the shade is.
Enlargement: 8/10

Definitely big and dolly, somewhat lessened impact by how thin the limbal ring is though.
Comfort: 8/10

Appears to be really good. Very thin, I literally don't feel them at all and overall comfortable.
Naturalness: 0/10

Get off my lawn, this is supposed to look unnatural.

 Thanks for reading and sorry for the lens review spam lmao. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!