September 19, 2018

Lens review: Neo Dali Heart Green

Hello cuties!

I have prepared another lens review for today so without further ado let's get down to business! Today's circle lens review is about the Neo Dali Heart Green lenses, a super cute pair with good color too!

Let's do this ~



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.2 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


In their vials the lenses look like a super fresh, vivid and light summery green and it's pretty different from the usual green lenses you see. I was captivated by the color and had my hopes up that they would stay the same once worn. Luckily I wasn't led into a disappointment but the color does still look quite different on my eyes – it turns into this medium green that packs a punch and it's still beautiful, thankfully.

One lens in.
There's a slight enlargement boost, it won't make or break anything but you can tell the difference. The lenses have a black limbal ring combined with green streaks and some black marks on the center hole – upon a closer inspection you'll notice that there's actually a band of hearts running along the whole design of the lens and those also make up the black "dots". It's super cute and I haven't seen it on any other lens before!

The green color shows up well and it's a good shade that I can see plenty of use for. It's not really a natural green but it's pretty nonetheless and the color vibrancy is good. They are decently opaque and go quite well with my natural eye color, which is a blue-gray. If anything I wish that the pupil hole was a tad bit smaller as it's pretty big on these and that means that a lot of my real eye color shows through in the middle; it's a common trait with circle lenses but it sometimes looks weird and especially if you have light eyes, as circle lenses generally are aimed for an Asian market.

Lens photos incoming!
All photos taken by me during a September morning with a clear sky.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Indoors natural room light.
Indoors yellow room light. (bright natural light from the side)
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
Unlit corridor.
Facing window. (shadow side)
Outdoors, back against sun. (facing the wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun while being under a harsh shadow.
Outdoors, facing the sun.
Regarding comfort I think I got the short straw with these. I suspect I got a Monday example as these feel a bit irritating to wear and dry out really fast. They feel stingy (almost as if there's some dirt on the lens but the feeling persists no matter how many times I clean and reinsert) and also blurs my vision, despite that the big pupil hole should technically prevent that as my iris isn't obstructed by the lens. I noticed that already 30 minutes in they started to feel really dry but after that jumped back to almost normal so yeah, funny dry bouts. I suspect I could wear these for maybe 1-2 hours at best as they do annoy me in many ways. I always feel that I have them on (the "something's in the eye" feeling) and they just feel really unpredictable on my naturally mega dry eyes. I've generally had good experiences with Neo's lenses before so that's also why I think I just lucked out and got a bad pair this time. :/ I should buy these in another color and see what my eyes says...

All in all the Neo Dali Heart Greens stand out from the sea of circle lenses mainly because of their unique design with hearts. It's a fun and adorable lens and goes well with many styles. The color is really solid and if you want your green lenses to look green and not turn into some muddy shit then this is a choice to put on the list. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that others who buy these will get comfy ones and not inherit my Donald Duck luck. xD

Distance photo!


Short summary:

Color: 7/10
Not as light as they look when not worn but still a pretty grass-ish green that is satisfying.
Design: 8/10
Super cute design with hearts creating the pattern of the lens!
Opacity: 6/10
Definitely makes my eyes green but my real eye color seems to affect the color outcome quite much.
Enlargement: 3/10 
Quite small. Good if dolly eyes aren't your first priority.
Comfort: 3/10 
Kinda annoying to wear (dry bouts, unpredictable, blurs vision) and I constantly feel them in my eyes. I suspect I got a Monday example as wearing time is only around 30 minutes to max 1-2 hours and that's on super dry eyes.
Naturalness: 4/10
The color is too green to look natural but the size is okay-ish so I can't write them off completely.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!