December 3, 2017

Lens review: ColourVue Crazy Lens Green Target

Hello folks!

I'm sorry about the silence but I'm super busy with school, work search etc right now and it's a really hectic time of year anyway (for most of us). ^^" I'm hoping to finish my studies so that I can finally move on to the next step in the ladder towards glory. x) But yeah, I don't want to let my blog die completely for this month so I scrambled together a review for a pair of crazy lenses – let's do this!

Below is a review of the ColourVue Crazy Lens Green Target contact lenses. This is a lens with a really funky green target print on a white background it looks pretty intense and is a great addition to people who rock more extreme fashion styles and want to spice things up!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.0 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)




As you might notice these lenses come in a fancy cardboard package with a cut-out window from which you can see the vials inside. Inside the package is also an information sheet about lens care etc and it's pretty handy if you're new to wearing colored contact lenses.

As to be expected from crazy lenses these are opaque and thus really covering. The print looks like this kind of lock-on target from a firearm and it's pretty badass. This is not your everyday lens but it's totally cool for parties, raves and the like – I dig it. 

One lens in.
My natural eye color is a light blue-gray and these do the job in terms of coverage. It's a really eye-catching lens and sure to be noticed. The pupil hole is also small, which means that your eye color doesn't show through in the middle and spoil the effect. :)
These lenses are not really proper circle lenses so yeah, the enlargement effect is not their trump card and, quite honestly, it's really discreet. In other words the size increase is small.

Lens photos incoming!
All photos taken by me during a December morning with a sun that barely rises above the horizon line so yeah, say hello to polar night. :)
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Facing window. Sun side.
Facing window. Not sun side.
Bathroom light.
Orange lamp light in the kitchen.
Natural room light in the apartment. (window to the side)
Flash photo.
Outdoors, back against sun.
Outdoors, facing sun. (the sun barely rises from the horizon
and a roof was blocking it from my view)
The only thing I'm not happy with when it comes to these lenses is the comfort. They do obstruct my vision in poorer lights (indoors etc) but that's not a surprise considering that these have a rather small pupil hole which, in turn, is common for this type of lenses. These lenses do also feel a bit thick in my eyes but ehh, I can deal with that... but the thing I can't deal with is that they literally started to feel dry already after 15 minutes and that's even though I used eyedrops before putting on the lenses!? Ugh. ._. Now I happen to have really dry and sensitive eyes but yeah, just before the 2 hour mark the only thing I could think was "I need to fucking take these off". :D These might be super comfortable for someone else, what do I know, but for me they are a bummer. I wish they were comfier because they're really unique in terms of design and I'd love to wear them more for special occasions.

Distance photo!


Short summary:

Color: 10/10 
Unrealistically bright and super noticeable green color on a bold white background. Nothing to complain about here!
Design: 9/10 
Really cool and unique target print. They do spin in my eyes but, unlike cat eye lenses and the like it doesn't look retarded.
Opacity: 10/10
Perfect coverage. Super bold.
Enlargement: 2/10 
These have minimal enlargement effect.
Comfort: 2/10 
15 minutes in and they feel dry and irritating for me (I have super dry eyes). I managed to wear them 1 hour and 45 minutes before my eyes were screaming to take them off. Obstructs my vision and feel a bit thick as well, but that's to be expected.
Naturalness: 0/10 
Heheheh... nope.

Thanks for reading! More contact lens reviews coming later this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!