March 29, 2017

Lens review: GEO Xtra Lotus Gray

 Good day everyone!

Today I'll review the GEO Xtra Lotus Gray circle lenses, which can also be identified by their code number thingy WFL-A15. It's a really big lens with a thick limbal ring and an artistic print!
I know that I'm doing a lot of circle lens reviews lately but I want you guys to know that I have a lot of lenses that expire 2017 and 2018 so yeah, I really need to keep on reviewing actively so that I'll have time before anything expires. ^^" I'm sorry for those who don't care so much for circle lenses but I hope that you can understand.

Now let's go!



Base curve: 8.7 mm
Diameter: 15 mm
Water content: 42%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


My natural eye color is a light blue-gray which makes it so that these lenses actually go very well with my real eyes. They blend in nicely and enhance my eyes with a beautiful pattern and a jagged limbal ring. The Lotus Grays makes my eyes appear notably bigger and sparkly. It's a really pretty effect and actually not as unnatural as I initially expected.

One lens in. Notice enlargement effect.
As you can see on the photo above the enlargement boost is significant. It's not over the top but it's definitely on the big side. I would say that these lenses probably work well with alternative fashion styles, especially those that are a bit more toned-down and casual – I'm thinking stuff like classic lolita, gyaru, mori girl etc. Of course you can wear lenses for any look (heck, I wore these for a metal look, see below!) but those are just the first ones to pop into my head when I think of possible suggestions. ^^ I'd say that the lenses are rather versatile – you could wear them for cosplay as well.  

I have a hard time making out what the print is supposed to be but I guess it does pass off as lotus inspired, like the name states. The edges of the lens are jagged like small petals and these help in softening the impact of the black rim. There's several different shades of gray in the lenses, which make these lenses appear kinda natural in color, actually. The Lotus Grays are a pretty lens that makes my eyes look lively and alive!

Lens photos incoming!
All photos taken by me during a March afternoon with a clear sky.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.


Apartment room light. Only natural (window) light.
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
Facing a window in the corridor. (not sun side)
White light in the corridor.
Yellow light in the corridor.
Yellow light in the staircase.
Indoors storage room. Only natural light.
Basement floor. Poor natural light from a far-away window.
Outdoors, back against sun. Facing the wall.
Outdoors, facing the sun while being under the building's shadow.
Outdoors, facing the sun.
You'd expect that such a big lens with a flashy pattern would be super noticeable but, in actuality, it's more discreet than I thought! I don't mean this in a bad way – the effect is soft and flattering on my light eyes. I do think though that these might 'pop' more on darker eyes or on any other color than what I have.

The comfort is average to good. I don't have any issues inserting these into my eyes and I don't feel them once they're in; they don't blur my vision, scratch, make my eyes tear up or anything of the sort. Sadly though I start to feel them drying after 2-3 hours, which is quite average for me and my dry/sensitive eyes. So yeah, okay comfort.

Distance photos!



Want to see these lenses in other colors?
I have done a couple reviews: Green, Violet, Brown
 
Short summary:

Color: 7/10
Beautiful natural gray that goes well with my real eye color.
Design: 8/10
Detailed and artistic lotus inspired print. Impressive and good-looking.
Opacity: 5/10
The color is undoubtedly gray but it blends into my eyes, almost enhancing them more than actually changing the color.
Enlargement: 7/10
Quite big but not overkill. Nice enlargement!
Comfort: 5/10
Really comfortable (no itchiness, teary eyes etc) but start to dry after 2-3 hours.
Naturalness: 4/10
Surpringly okay. Ignore the size and dark limbal ring and it's actually not even bad.

Thanks for reading! I hope you found this review helpful. ^^
Shiro Samurai out ~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!