July 20, 2016

Lens review: Beaucon Vibrant Match Green

Hello my friends!

Today I will review the Beaucon Vibrant Match Green circle lenses and, well, if I'm honest I'm kinda disappointed with these. I was expecting the color to 'pop' out more and be greener but these are much more like a blueish-green lens than a true green. So yeah, if you really want a vibrant green (as the name implies!) then these do not fit the bill... unless my lenses somehow changed color during the years of storage, but more about that at the end of this post.

Let's do the review now!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.0 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)




As you can see these lenses look pale in the bottles and sorta... blue? You know, greenish-blue, kinda ocean-like. I don't know but I hoped these would be one of those "surprise muthafucka!" lenses that look boring in their vials but are in reality super vibrant once worn – but sadly that was not the case. I really really hoped for these to be a highly vibrant bright green but they are in reality a blue-green lens and, while still a pretty color, it's not what I expected out of these.

One lens in.
My real eye color is a blue-gray with a greenish tint and you might notice that these look a bit similar to my own eyes and blend really well with them, which means that these would be amazing if I wanted to use them as a daily lens to enhance my own eyes. Once in my eyes they look like some dark turquoise. They are also small in size, thus barely enlarging my eyes at all.

Regarding comfort these are not the best; at first I didn't feel them at all but already after 1 hour they felt dry and after 2,5 hours I decided to take them off. Please note though that I have dry and sensitive eyes so it might just be that my eyes are not very combatible with these lenses, nor any other Beaucon lenses that I've tried so far; it just seems like this brand is not very comfortable for me, which is a shame because I really like how their lenses always have a smaller diameter and nice colors. :/ 

Lens photos!
All photos taken by me during a July afternoon with a clear sky.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.


Facing window.
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
White corridor light.
Yellow staircase light.
Standing in the staircase, turned away from the window.
Indoors storage room. Natural light coming from the side.
Outdoors, sitting under the roof/shadow. Facing sun.
Outdoors, back against sun.
Outdoors, facing sun.
These lenses have a thin limbal ring so they do still look like contacts but yeah, they really don't end up making your eyes all dolly-like since they're so small and all. They do blend rather nicely with my eyes –so if your eye color is anything like mine– then these would be a good candidate for an everyday lens since they look rather natural, despite the color.

The color coverage is decent and it covers up my real eye color well. The design is pretty simple and kinda mimics a real iris, but in a slightly more semi-cartoony way (or that's what I think), so these do look pretty dang natural. The color do make these suitable for cosplay though, especially if you happen to need a dark turquoise lens since said color is not the easiest to find – just don't buy these if you want a grass green lens or anything of the sort. 
I also want to mention that because of the size and the simple design the Vibrant Match series are a good choice for cosplaying male or adult characters.

Distance photo!


I must mention though that I bought these lenses several years ago and I have a vague memory that the color was different back then and now I'm wondering if, somehow, colored contact lenses can have their color fading over time? I have stored these lenses (in their unopened bottles, of course) in both a cupboard and inside a plastic box in front of the window, which always sees the sun rising. I wonder if prolonged exposure to the sun might have done something...? I can say that the exposure to the sun definitely has changed the color on the labels and stickers of some other lenses but that it would actually change the color of the lens itself seems a bit farfetched. *shrugs* Oh well, if I ever repurchase these lenses I'll compare them and then do another new review, if necessary.

Psst, you interested in seeing other colors of the Vibrant Match series? 
Check out these reviews: Blue, Violet, Brown

Short summary:

Color: 6/10 
Color is like a dark turquoise on my eyes, a blue-green. It's not what I expected but it's a nice color.
Design: 7/10 
Design is simple and seems to aim for a semi-realistic iris look.
Opacity: 8/10
Coverage is really good.
Enlargement: 2/10 
These lenses have a really small enlargement effect.
Comfort: 5/10 
Okay for short-time wear but start to dry my eyes already after 1 hour.
Naturalness: 8/10 
The color is not ultra natural but otherwise these work! Surprisingly realistic on my eyes.

Thank you for reading my circle lens reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!