August 10, 2015

Lens review: Dueba Volte Gray

Hello hello!

I'm back with another lens review! o/ The eyes of the day are called Dueba Volte Gray, although mine came in the Barbie brand's vials fear not though, Dueba and Barbie are the same brand, just different names!
Psst, these also seem to go under the name Dueba Twinkle Gray...?

Unluckily though it seems like the Volte series has been discontinued already some time ago and they are almost impossible to find now, nooo! ;O; I really liked the Volte lenses but seeing how the ones I have expire on mid/late 2015 I guess it's the sign that there are no new batches being made... *sniff*
Oh well, in case anyone still wants to try the Volte lenses the gray ones and the brown ones are still available... at the moment I'm writing this post, at least. Just follow the links to get to them directly, if interested.

But now let's put all sad feels to the side and get on with the review!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 38%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)

Back when I ordered these I kinda expected the lenses to look a bit more lighter in the bottles, but it's really no big deal at all. They have the usual cool-looking swirl pattern that I've already admitted being a fan of. Yes, I definitely like the design of these.
The diameter is stated as 14.5 mm on the vials, but I personally think that the Volte series have only a slight enlargement effect.

One lens in.
The color is a nice medium gray and I personally dig it. The black outer rim does make the color appear darker from a distance though, but the rim also makes it so that the lenses look bigger than what they are.

I've never had comfort issues with any of the Volte lenses, that I've tried so far, and these are no exception – the comfort is on the better side. They aren't quite up there with the ultra comfy green pair but these are definitely not bad either!

Photo batch of the lenses ahead!
All photos taken by me during a late summer afternoon!
There's no color filters or such and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible. 

Indoors facing the window in my apartment. (always sun side)
Indoors apartment room light. (lamps on)
Bathroom light.
Flash photo indoors.
White-ish corridor light.
Yellow corridor light.
Outdoors under the building's roof, still turned towards the light.
Outdoors facing the sun directly. Outch.
Outdoors with my back against the sun. (aka facing the wall)
I really like the Volte series; I think they are a good choice for cosplay as well as other fashion looks. :) They are nice looking without being too "out there", if that makes sense.The Volte lens series has even been advertised for men! Yep, I'm referring to the males who model the lenses on the stock photos. Now that would be a nice thing to do........

Lastly, photos from a distance!



Psst, interested in seeing what the other colors of the Volte series look like? ;) Check out these reviews: Violet, Brown, Green.

Short summary:

Color: 7/10
A nice medium gray.
Design: 8/10
Cool swirl design!
Opacity: 4/10
The outer part of the lens has better color coverage than the inner part. Towards the pupil it blends into my eyes.
Enlargement: 4/10
Not really enlarging but there is still a small boost.
Comfort: 8/10
On the better end of average, definitely. I could wear them for at least 6 hours with little to no issues.
Naturalness: 4/10
Except for the thick black limbal ring these look pretty okay, actually.


Shiro Samurai is done for today! Bye!

1 comment:

  1. These lenses are cool!^^
    Your eyes color is very beautiful~

    New post ☆
    If you follow my blog, I follow your blog too, write about it~

    ReplyDelete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!