October 13, 2021

Lens review: RevoColour Meteor Blue

Hello folks!

It's been a while since the last post, I haven't really had the energy to blog and do reviews as there has been quite some stuff going on lately and yeah, it has been pretty damn heavy... #fuckcancer
But I'm not gonna go more into that, I came to write a circle lens review for the RevoColour Meteor Blue.

Shall we begin?
 
 

Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)
 

I'm not usually fond of natural-looking lenses and the only reason I grabbed these in the first place was simple curiosity because the color looked pretty vivid. I remember buying these lenses from HoneyColor but they don't seem to carry them any longer. It's been some years, oops.
Oh well, as you can see on the photo above these lenses are single color and have a really simple pattern that lacks any kind of limbal ring or artistic spice to it. In a way one would easily think of it as boring but if you are looking for a daily lens that can be worn just fine, even without any makeup, then these are pretty okay. It doesn't always have to be big and fancy.

One lens in.

Please ignore my wound on the nose, it's really itchy and sensitive if anything touches it (including my glasses) so I really could not wear makeup for this review today. I'm waiting for it to heal but today was literally the first day in over a week when I even saw the sun properly so yeah, I had to make use of this opportunity to take some photos lol.

As you can see these lenses are really small, there's hardly any enlargement effect to even speak of (definitely doesn't feel like a 14,5 mm lens). The color blends surprisingly nicely into my gray-blue eyes which I wasn't really expecting due to how, umm, "rough" the lenses look in their vials? Dunno how to explain but the printing just looks a bit blocky to me in a way. I'm also surprised by how good the color coverage ended up being; I was half-way expecting these to kinda just disappear into my eyes without doing much lol.
Anyway, the blue color of the lenses is clean and albeit it's certainly bright it doesn't look very unnatural at all. I've seen some people who have really intense and eye-catching eyes naturally so it's not that far-fetched.

Lens photos ahead!
All photos taken by me during an October noon with a mostly clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Indoors, natural room light.

Indoors, yellow room light.

Bathroom light.

Flash photo.

Facing a window. (backyard view, not sun side)

Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing wall)

Outdoors, facing the direction of the sun while under a shadow.

Outdoors, facing the sun directly.
 
And just like with all other colored contact lenses I've been reviewing for some time now (and will review in the near future) these had sadly expired by the time I got to do this review. I quite literally forgot about this one big box of lenses I had stashed away years ago and now I'm going through it whenever I've got the time, reviewing and then immediately discarding the lenses after I'm done taking photos. Maybe these reviews are helpful to someone out there someday, then my effort will be worth it haha.
What this also means is that I can't grade comfort properly as I'm only wearing a pair for approximately 10-20 minutes and then it's the trash bin. So any comfort grades or remarks that I dish out for expired lenses should be taken with that in consideration – that they are indeed expired and I only wore them once, for a very short time. Do note that all expired lenses I open for the review; I haven't had them lying around opened in lens cases for years, that would be gross.
About the comfort for this pair I can say that I constantly felt them in my eyes, especially when I blinked cuz it felt like they wouldn't really settle properly and kinda just drift around a bit? It didn't outright itch but it was quite uncomfortable nonetheless. Otherwise they were okay-ish but tbh it was a relief to take them off lmao.

I don't have so much more to say about these lenses. I have no idea where you can find them nowadays, if they still exist, but they're pretty fun for more casual looks while still packing something to get moderately excited over – namely a solid blue color.

Distance photo!
 

Short summary:

Color: 6/10  
Single-color medium blue that is quite bright while retaining a mostly natural look.
Design: 5/10
Very simple design as it's just... blue. There's nothing extraordinary about it.
Opacity: 6/10
Coverage is a lot better than I expected. These actually are vibrant (for being a natural lens) and notably change my perceived eye color.
Enlargement: 2/10
Really tiny. I hardly notice a difference, even without makeup.
Comfort: 4/10
Take my comfort grade with a pinch of salt, for abovementioned reasons, but I constantly felt these and they weren't the most pleasant to wear due to some lowkey itchy "drifting" when blinking. Wearing time 1-3 hours on sensitive eyes at best.
Naturalness: 7/10
The small size and lack of any extra 'oomph' design-wise makes these appear rather natural. The color might be a bit much for some but some people have really bright blue eyes so it's not completely off either.

Thank you for reading my reviews~
Shiro Samurai says bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!