August 22, 2021

Lens review: I-Codi Colors of the Wind Yellow Green

Hi there peeps!


It's time for another I-Codi's Colors of the Wind series review, I have several colors left to review but today I'll show you the I-Codi Colors of the Wind Yellow Green and yes, it really is that weird shade between green and yellow.

Let's go!
 


Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.0 mm
Water content: 38%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)
 

Not gonna lie, I bought these out of curiosity. You pretty much never really find yellow-green lenses out there so of course I had to try them! 
But yeah, on first impression they look mostly yellow, although you can tell it's not a pure yellow so to say. But once I put them on I could definitely tell there's green hues – I'm not sure how much my natural eye color (gray-blue) affects the outcome, but the opacity and color output is good regardless. So good in fact that if you need this very specific color for cosplay then I could recommend considering these lenses.

One lens in.

It's not a crazy vibrant lens but the color change is very obvious and it looks pretty great. I really like the Colors of the Wind series as there's soooo many colors to choose from, even rare ones like this. 
There's a thin limbal ring at the edges but it's not black more like a watered-down gray so your eyes won't end up looking super uguu moe. There is a notable enlargement effect though.
And yes, the color truly is a yellow green, green-yellow or whatever you wanna call it. It's not a bright lens but it's not dull either, the color opacity is exactly where it needs to be to not look fake despite being a highly unnatural color.
 
Lens photos below!
All photos taken by yours truly during an August evening with a mostly clear sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Natural room light indoors.

Yellow room light indoors.

Bathroom light.

Flash photo.

Unlit corridor, poor natural light in the distance.

Indoors facing a window. (backyard view, not sun side)

Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing a wall)

Outdoors, facing the sun while standing under a shadow.

Outdoors, facing the sun directly.

These lenses had expired by the time I got around to do this review so I can't really grade comfort properly. If you've been reading my other circle lens reviews since a while back you know the deal but it's basically just that I had a bunch of colored lenses that I stored in a cardboard box which I ended up forgetting about... for years. When I found it here, not so long ago, I noticed that almost everything had expired and well, now I'm racing to at least get reviews out so I didn't completely waste my money. It's good if these reviews can help someone out there, chuu~
Regarding comfort I can't say much except that these lenses appeared to be thin, overall comfortable and I didn't feel them much. They were perhaps a bit dryish but that might just as well be my eyes since my eyes are naturally very dry. I'd guess wearing time would be somewhere in the 3-5 hour range, which is pretty much the norm for me, but then again this is just an estimate as I'm definitely not willing to wear expired lenses for any longer than necessary – aka the time it takes to snap the review photos. After I got the photos taken I immediately discarded the lenses so any words on comfort are based on my first and only impression, which lasted for approximately 10 minutes.

This is a weird color, I like it for its rarity but it's not the most appealing you know? xD It's cool for dressing up as bad guys, reptile-inspired costumes, cosplaying, funky rebel styles, cyberpunk and the like. If you need this particular color then definitely check these out though!
 
Distance photo!
 
 
Short summary:

Color: 7/10
It is what it promises to be, a yellow green. Or more like a green yellow
.
Design: 8/10
Mimics a real iris. Sports a light limbal ring that is quite tasteful and dignified.
Opacity: 7/10 
Color coverage is a lot better than one might expect of a green-yellow lens. Nice pigmentation.
Enlargement: 4/10
No super big enlargement but the size difference is still visible.
Comfort: 7/10 
Appears to be nice. They are the usual thin, comfy lenses that you barely feel in your eyes.
Naturalness: 5/10
For being such an unnatural color these don't even look half bad.

Thanks for reading, I hope you found this review useful. Another one coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for reviewing these lenses! I've struggled with Shizuma's eye colour for a while now but these lenses would be perfect for her! ^^

    ReplyDelete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!