April 29, 2016

Lens review: Flora Diva Violet

Hello folks! ~

I have prepared a circle lens review for you all to enjoy and the pair I'm reviewing this time is the Flora Diva Violet! ^.^ As far as I know I've only seen the Flora lens series being sold at HoneyColor so yeah, they're maybe exclusive to them, I don't know? The point is that if you want to purchase these lenses for yourself then that's where you should be looking!

But now let's get on with the review!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.0 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


As you can see these lenses have a rather simple yet appealing design; it reminds me slightly of flower petals and thus of summer. The black limbal ring is fairly thin and has black streaks that reach towards the pupil hole, which makes the lenses stand out and look more lively. I like the design surprisingly much even though it's not anything super unique or so – it's a really versatile lens that will work with many different looks!

One lens in. Notice enlargement.
My natural eye color, for anyone curious, is a light blue-gray with an occasional greenish tint (depending on light) and with a golden ring next to the pupil. My eyes more often appear as blue than gray though.

These lenses are quite big but they are not over the top and I don't find that they look overwhelming or "off"; I was actually surprised by how natural they looked once I had both lenses in, despite their size and unnatural color. The violet shade is lovely in all ways and it shows up really well – it's opaque and leaves nothing to be desired in terms of color coverage.

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by me during an April afternoon with a semi-clear sky. All close-up photos are free from color filters and such and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Facing window in my apartment.
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
White light in the corridor.
Yellow light in the corridor.
Yellow light in the staircase.
Facing an orange-ish light in the staircase, with natural light
from a window coming from the side.
Standing in the staircase with my back against the window. (only
natural light)
Indoors storage room. (natural light coming in from the side)
Outdoors, back against the sun. (aka facing wall)
Outdoors facing the sun directly. it hurt
Outdoors, indirect sunlight. I'm facing the sun but sitting
under the roof, aka in the shadow.
These are the first Flora lenses I'm trying out (I own a lot more but those will be reviewed when their time comes) and I must say that I'm pleased with them.

Regarding comfort I had no trouble inserting them and the lenses actually gave a fresh moistening feeling as soon as I put them into my eyes, woah! I could feel them for the first couple of minutes or so but it was nothing out of the ordinary "hey I'm wearing lenses" feeling and thus didn't cause me any actual discomfort.
This pair does start to feel dry rather fast (as most of my lenses lately, for some reason) and I notice that I'm moving my gaze around a fair lot and blinking. They don't turn crazy dry immediately but in one hour or so I start to feel them a bit more than I'd like to but, then again, I seem to have dry and sensitive eyes so yeah, it's likely that others wouldn't have as much problems with dryness as I've been having lately. ^^" 3 hours in I find myself poking the corners and rubbing my eyes but they're still not quite uncomfortably dry yet that I'd go and take them off, unless I really felt like it. After 3,5 hours I took them off, mainly because I got a sudden headache out of the blue; I have no idea if it was related to the lenses or not but I just took them off anyway.

Distance photo!


Overall I want to say that these lenses make your eyes look really sparkly and beautiful without it being too much. Honestly, my first impression when I saw myself in the mirror after putting these lenses on was that I immediately thought that they'd be perfect for cosplaying bishounen characters, aka pretty boys. From a distance they make your eyes look really alluring and magical and it's just gorgeous as heck, mmmh!
I really recommend these especially for cosplay because the lens design is basic enough to work for most characters while still providing that "beautiful eye" look that looks absolutely amazing on photos! I'm sure though that these would be lovely for any other purposes too (go go alternative fashion!) and heck, they even work as everyday circle lenses! These are seriously versatile get them if you love purple lenses!

Interested in reviews of the Flora Diva lenses in other colors?
Check out these: Gray, Green

Short summary:

Color: 9/10
Absolutely amazing bright violet that looks truly magical!
Design: 8/10
A kinda basic but really pretty and versatile lens that works for many looks!
Opacity: 8/10
Surprisingly solid color opacity; I actually thought they would blend more but these deliver the boom!
Enlargement: 7/10
Big but not crazy big!
Comfort: 6/10
Average in comfort for me. They are comfy but just like with many other lenses they start to feel dry early for me. I guess I could stand to wear them anywhere between 3-5 hours without eyedrops.
Naturalness: 2/10
The color is too vibrant (and violet is not a possible real eye color) to pass for your own eyes. Definitely a costume lens!

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this review! ^.^

1 comment:

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!