Hello geeks, nerds and other entities!
I am the writer of this new hobby blog and I go by the cosplay handle Shiro Samurai (or Valkoinen Samurai in Finnish) online. This blog will feature my own personally written experiences as a cosplayer and creative hobbyist, with a focus on event summaries, work in progress posts, photoshoots and the occasional musings of being a part of the larger cosplay community and everything that comes with it.
My primary focus is to spread joy, share knowledge and document my own costuming journey through pockets of time. I want to encourage people of all skillsets and backgrounds to come enjoy the successes and mishaps of my cosplay journey with me – hopefully my experiences will provide good entertainment and perhaps a nuggets of wisdom or two~
So who am I then? Well, I'm a bilingual (Swedish and Finnish) millennial with a knack for nerdy and creative hobbies. I've always been a bit of an outlier in society and I've had my share of struggles finding myself in a world that let me down over and over, but I like to think that everything will work out as long as you're true to yourself, keep nurturing your mindset and have passions to give your existence meaning. I've always loved writing and this is actually my third blog (I used to have a MySpace haha), although most of my written material before blogging used to be long and short stories, hundreds upon hundreds of poems and spending my earlier days in chat forums. Other things I like to do the spend my free time include playing video games, listening to metal music, drawing and painting and traveling the world. I love culture, I love nature and I care a lot for social justice and equity for everyone
This blog is and will stay a safe space.
I have decided on writing in English to keep my blog more global and accessible to a wider audience. After all the cosplay and geek communities are located all over the world and writing in my native tongues would limit my reach and future potential. Besides, I find it very convenient, natural and easy to express myself in English anyway, so it's a double win. :D
Thank you for reading this far and hopefully I'll see you around!
*Smiles evilly*
ReplyDelete