December 4, 2011

Desucon Frostbite 2012 lineup!

Hi everyone!

The next con I will attend is called Desucon Frostbite and yes, I'm very excited to attend it! It will take place in Lahti, Finland, during 14-15 January 2012. This is the very first Desucon Frostbite to be held; the regular Desucon has been held during the summer for some years now (although I haven't attended it yet myself) and Frostbite, as its name implies, will probably from now on be held during winters as a smaller sister event.

My cosplays are pretty much set in stone for the weekend. Both days I will be part of a big Finnish Bleach cosplay group (although the main meetup day is on Saturday) and naturally that means both my cosplays will be from said series. I'm really looking forward to this as I find it fun to get to know other fans of the same series I'm into!

Here comes the cosplay plans~


Saturday: Juushirou Ukitake from Bleach
Sunday: Gin Ichimaru from Bleach

Due to me not starting this blog already earlier in the beginning of my cosplay journey I can't blame anyone for not knowing that Ukitake is currently my signature cosplay. Before I started blogging I used to share my cosplay stuff on DeviantArt and, while there, I garnered quite a dedicated following as "the Ukitake cosplayer". :D It's not like I was crazy viral or anything but yeah, within a particular subset of the Bleach fandom during those days I was quite popular and it really helped my confidence as a cosplayer barely starting out. Ukitake is one of my favorite characters and due to a very personal experience I can relate to him a lot, which makes it all the more easier to act believably. Lung disease is no joke.

So yeah, on Saturday I'm bringing out Ukitake but on Sunday I'm going to be doing something new and going as Gin Ichimaru! He's creepy and intriguing and well, we'll see how it goes because I suck at smiling and I suck at emulating an eerie bad guy lol. xD

Because the con is held during the winter I won't bring my shikai twin swords with me this time; I will just make Ukitake's sealed state zanpakutou instead and carry it around. It's just way more convenient to be able to carry a sword on your waist instead of having both hands busy holding epic swords all the time. Not to mention that whenever I have to go outside I'd rather try and keep my hands warm and cover my face with a scarf so that I can breathe properly because, as everyone probably knows, Finnish winters aren't exactly mild.


That's all I got to say, see ya there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments are moderated before being published. Do refrain from spam, blatant ads and all kinds of hateful or otherwise offensive discourse. This blog follows a safe space principle.