July 1, 2016

Lens review: Kimchi Viva Brown

Hiya!

I have a circle lens review in store for today! I will be reviewing the Kimchi Viva Brown lenses. But instead of standing here and jawing around I'll get straight to the review!

Hiya, let's go ~


Lens to the watcher's right is wrong side out.
Lens to the watcher's left is wrong side out.
Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 16 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)

As with any Kimchi or I.Fairy lens these are definitely on the big side but, despite the size, these have a very gentle and natural-ish look, all thanks to the big pupil hole, light color and smooth blending effect. Yes, this means that a lot of your natural eye color will show through the middle and instead of making your eye color change to brown these lenses give you more of a "brown edges" effect, aka a partial color change – or enhancement, if you already have brown eyes. I do think that the look the lenses brings is lovely nevertheless but it you're looking for a bold lens (or if you dislike lenses with big pupil holes) you will likely be disappointed with these.

One lens in.
The color is a soft caramel-like brown and it blends really nicely with my light blue-gray eyes! There's no super obvious line where the color of the lens meets my real eye color and that's always good if you don't want the "clashing effect" that tends to occur with some colored contact lenses. The thick black limbal ring makes the lenses look cute and thus my eyes end up looking sort of innocent – it's a nice effect. They do also give a lovely, almost magical look on my eyes when the light hits because of the contrast between blue and brown.

Regarding comfort I can wear these for approximately 3 to 4 hours before I start to feel the first signs of dryness. They felt stingy upon first insertion and I had to reinsert both lenses to get rid of the uncomfortable feeling but yeah, it still stayed (although not as bad) but luckily it went away after a couple minutes. Once my eyes got used to the lenses I had no further issues with them.

Lens photos!
All photos taken by me during a July afternoon with a clear sky.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.


Facing window in my apartment.
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
White corridor light.
Yellow light in the staircase.
In the staircase, with my back against the window. (natural light)
Outdoors, facing the wall. Back against sun.
Outdoors, facing sun.
Indoors storage room, with natural light coming from the side.
I would say that these lenses are best suited for daily fashion, ulzzang, mori etc – those more natural looks, ya know. I don't think these would show up well enough to be really good for cosplay, unless you're looking for a more discreet lens that won't be all that noticeable on photos; the coloring of the lenses is mainly on the outer edges and thus these won't do much if you're looking for a lens that will completely change your eye color.
I still think that these are a cute and quite versatile pair and a great choice if you want to wear lenses to work, school etc that aren't too obvious; the Kimchi Viva Brown are an everyday lens more than a fancy one. ^_^ It's a really soft-looking lens that gives a graceful air to your eyes – just be aware that the colored areas are not that large, nor covering, and that your real eye color will show through in the center, no matter what.

Distance photo!


Short summary:

Color: 7/10  
Lovely soft light brown color, caramel-like.
Design: 6/10
Minimalistic design with black limbal ring. Good if you want a simple and casual lens.
Opacity: 6/10
These lenses have a big pupil hole –which completely lets through your natural color– but the colored outer parts are decently covering.
Enlargement: 8/10
Pretty big, as is to be expected from a Kimchi lens.
Comfort: 6/10
Fairly average. Felt slightly stingy at first but once my eyes got used to them they were fine. Start to feel dry after approximately 3 hours.
Naturalness: 4/10
Because of the smooth blending and small amount of color these look surprisingly natural, despite their size and the black rim.

Thank you for reading my circle lens reviews!
Shiro Samurai says ciao ~

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    I like the effect of this circle lens, looks nice with the light color of your eyes!
    Xoxo ^^

    ReplyDelete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!