November 19, 2023

Lens review: ColourVue Crazy Lens Blue Flower

 Happy Sunday folks!

I'm here to, once again, share a lens review. This time it's the ColourVue Crazy Lens Blue Flower on the plate and without further ramblings, let's dig into it!

Ya hi hoo~




Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.0 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


Okay so, I remember I had no plan when I originally bought these – just a spur of the moment thing because they were on sale and I saw Swedish Pagans colors or something lol. Then again, the design with the pointy flower pattern is quite spicy and I think that might have roped me in to try these. I can't deny that these are kinda pretty and ugly at the same time like me so I just had to see what they would look like. 

One lens in.

Hmm... virus eyes anyone? The yellow color doesn't show up as brightly as one might expect but the color payout overall is still rather intense. The blue color is crisp and unnatural while the yellow almost looks more green hued once worn, on light eyes at least. There's some very slight enlargement effect, although it doesn't make itself very noticeable due to the lack of limbal ring definition. Regardless it's a funky and rather fun lens with a whimsy take on it.

Lens photos below!
All photos are taken by yours truly during approaching sunset with partly cloudy weather. All close-ups are free from color filters and the like and that's so that the colors would appear as true to life as possible.
 
Natural room light, indoors.

Bathroom light.

Flash photo, indoors.

Facing a window indoors, not sun side.

Unlit corridor, weak distant natural light.

Outdoors, back against sun. (facing wall)

Facing the sun while standing under the roof's shadow.

Outdoors, facing the sun.

These were also part of the oopsie box that I forgot for years. For more info please just check almost literally any other non-sponsored lens review I've done in the last few years but yeah, essentially these lenses were expired by the time I did the review – hence why I can't grade comfort fairly as I only wore them for a very short time. What little I can say about the comfort and my first and only time wearing these lenses is that they felt thin, comfy overall and I didn't feel like I had lenses on. Due to the narrow pupil hole I did experience colored corners at the edges of my vision but that's normal with crazy lenses as they typically have a much narrower pupil opening than contemporary circle lenses, for example. Besides, it's something you get accustomed to over time and it's mostly only noticeable in poor indoor lights and such.

I don't think I have so much more to say about these lenses, they're funky and weird and in all their little quirkiness I don't see why some alt folks wouldn't go gaga over these. It's not my first pick for special effects lenses but sometimes curiosity gets the better of you and you just got to try something different, you know? Anyways, these can be a fun addition to spice up some youthful rebel looks and what-have-you. Be bold, be colorful, be brave ~

Distance photo!


Short summary:

Color: 6/10 
There's a bright, medium blue and a star-shaped center that should be screamo yellow but turns a bit greenish in my gray-blue eyes. Still looks pretty rad though.
Design: 5/10 
It's a very simple and crude flower-like design. Only two colors but it delivers a punch of fun.
Opacity: 7/10
This will change your eye color definitely and it will look crazy but there seems to be some slight transparency as the colors seem affected, to some degree, by what your natural eye color is.
Enlargement: 2/10 
The enlargement effect is negligible and not eye-catching due to the lack of limbal ring definition.
Comfort: 7/10 
Thin and I didn't feel them at all, save for colored corners but that's standard with narrow pupil hole lenses. Comfy.
Naturalness: 1/10 
Obviously these are not natural at all. I don't think I need to explain why.

Thanks for reading my blog, have a pleasant day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!