August 1, 2023

I'm going to Mericon!

 Hello beans and seabreams!

My next con will be the brand new Mericon in Rauma, Finland, held at the main library on 5th August 2023. It's a small event with free entrance and with a focus on manga, literature and cosplay. There will be some activities to keep y'all busy like a cosplay competition, a room for drawing, a few lectures and even Artist's Alley. For more information do check out the official Instagram page. ^_^

 
You'll see me there as a worker or, to be more precise, in a 'right hand' role as I will be helping the main organizers with whatever small tasks that crop up. I will be one of the three judges for the cosplay competition and I will also be the one behind the marine themed artworks you'll see decorating the event venue! So yeah, I guess in all technicality I am sort of a co-organizer for the event and that makes it feel a bit different.

I won't be there in cosplay this time but rather in a pirate-inspired outfit to match the theme of the event! There is no official theme though (aside from the name, 'meri' means sea and it's a reference to Rauma's long history and identity as a harbor town) so there's definitely no obligation to come dressed as a mermaid or in an inflatable kraken outfit lol. You of course don't have to be in cosplay either, just like on all other events of the same sort. I'm mentioning this because sometimes you see first-time congoers, usually kids, asking if wearing a costume is obligatory and no, it's really not. :) Everyone is welcome to Mericon regardless of age and experience so see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!