October 7, 2022

Lens review: Kazzue Twilight Yellow

 Hello beans!

I'm doing another circle lens today for y'all and, although I'm not sure if this lens brand is really Kazzue under a different label (rebranding is a common practice with circle lenses) or not, but aaaaanyways the design is exactly the same so let's roll with that for now. I mean, the website on the label doesn't even lead to anything relevant. So today's review is essentially Kazzue Twilight Yellow, let's-a go!
 


Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)
 

I honestly can't even remember where I purchased these as it was a long time ago, but I know it was either LensVillage or HoneyColor. I'm pretty sure I originally bought these just out of curiosity how they'd look, although I was worried that the black center rim would look awful on light eyes.
 
This style of design has been around for a bit and due to its intense color (it's crazy lens levels of pigmentation!) and cartoony style it's been quite popular with cosplayers. At its core it's a really simple design though; there's a solid single color base with thick black rims on both the inner and outer edges along with some evenly spaced darts reaching towards the middle. It's not the most artistic but it works for creating a rather intense effect.

One lens in.

There's some fairly big enlargement going on and, as anyone would have guessed, the yellow color is very bright and unmistakable! It's very much opaque and completely blocks out my real eye color, which is a light grayish blue. These definitely fall more into costuming territory than being something you'd casually wear out to town (unless heading for a wild party) or something... I mean, uhh, some poor old believer might think that you're a spawn of Satan and prompt to hit you with a certain holy book or something.

Lens photos incoming!
All photos taken by me during an afternoon with a partly cloudy sky.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.
 
Natural room light, indoors.

Bathroom light.

Flash photo.

Unlit corridor, weak natural light in the distance.

Facing a window indoors, not sun side. (backyard view)

Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing wall)

Outdoors, facing the sun while standing under the roof's shadow.

Outdoors, facing the sun.

Comfort is not something I can say a lot about this time either. If you've been reading my blog for some time you know what's up but if you are new I'll just say that I had forgotten about a big box of unopened lenses for literal years and, when I found them, they had expired. So I've just been going through those pairs and making reviews in hopes it helps someone out there. This also means that I don't wear the lenses for longer than absolutely necessary to get the photos taken and that translates to me not being able to give a correct estimate on comfort.
What I can say though, based on my very limited time wearing these lenses, is that they appeared to be thin and essentially invisible to wear, as in I didn't feel that I had lenses on. They seemed generally comfortable. There might have been a tinge of a dryish feel but that could just as well be my eyes having a dry eyes because yes, my eyes are naturally pretty damn dry (I periodically spam eyedrops lul).
 
But anyways, that's mostly it for this quick review. Should you be in the need for bright yellow lenses then I would wholly recommend checking these out (especially as it's one of the few yellow lenses and probably one of the more readily available styles). They aren't natural for shit and might look a litttle weird up close on light eyes (due to the inner circle being pure black, it's a bit jarring) but from a distance they look pretty dang sweet! So yeah, this is a viable cosplay lens for photoshoots and especially if you want your super yellow lenses to show up on more than just portrait style pictures. It's definitely not a bad option in any regard but yeah, just don't give the neighboring grandma a stroke if you decide to don them casual around the garden... :D

Distance photo!

 
Short summary:

Color: 10/10
A super yellow lens, very bright and true color. Great for Halloween, cosplay etc.
Design: 7/10
A big, solid color lens with some bold edges and cartoony darts. It's very costume-y in nature.
Opacity: 10/10
Damn son, these deliver. It's not even marketed as a crazy lens but the pigmentation is on the same league.
Enlargement: 8/10
They come across as pretty large, especially due to the very prominent black outer rim.
Comfort: 7/10
Appears comfortable, thin and I don't feel them on at all. Didn't really experience any colored corners either.
Naturalness: 0/10
*insert trolololo rhythm here* Nononono no nononooo nono noo~~

Thanks for viewing, more content coming later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!