July 20, 2021

Lens review: I-Codi Eclipse IC3-31 Aurora Green

Hello!

It's time for another circle lens review again and this time I will show you all the I-Codi Eclipse IC3-31 Aurora Green, a cool multicolor lens! It's a blue-green lens with a streaky sunburst design, quite fancy.

Let's-a-go ~


 
Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.0 mm
Water content: 38%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)
 
 
This is a fashion lens with an intricate pattern, it reminds me slightly of the GEO Xtra Aster series in terms of style. You can see already in the vials that these are not as heavily pigmented as the I-Codi Eclipse CO4-01 Brown I reviewed earlier but then again, it's not the same series.

I bought them from ifairycon (I'm not affiliated with this shop) ages ago but they seem to still sell these lenses, which is nice as I'm drawn to this kind of artistic, unique styles. x)

One lens in.
 
I don't know man, I guess I had really high hopes for these but they're not as colorful and bold as I was expecting. It's still a pretty lens and all but they turned somewhat dark on my eyes and that makes all the black lines look even more busy and noticeable somehow? I don't know how to explain and I'm not even sure what exactly I was expecting, but something just makes me nudge ever so slightly into that disappointed territory with these. :/ I do admit they blend nicely, although that thin black inner circle screws up any attempted naturalness on light eyes...
 
The color is a blue-ish green, somewhere in the seafoam green range. Outdoors in bright sunlight the colors looks the best, that's when it really shows properly. These lenses might be a bit indistinguishable when viewed from a distance because, at range, all the black details really darken the color of the lens.
These pack some size but it's nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to circle lenses it plays in the bigger ballpark though. There's a distinct, black limbal ring to enlarge your eyes and make them appear more youthful.

Lens photos ahead! All photos taken by me during a July noon with a semi-cloudy sky. There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.
 
Natural room light indoors.

Yellow room light indoors.

Bathroom light.

Flash photo.

Facing a window. (backyard view, not sun side)

Outdoors, back against the sun. (facing wall)

Outdoors, facing the sun (hidden) while standing under a shadow.

Outdoors, facing the sun while it's obscured by a cloud.

Outdoors, facing the sun.

These lenses were also part of that cardboard box I had stashed away and forgot for literal years, meaning that when I eventually rediscovered all these lenses it turned out that almost all of them had expired. Not so much one can do about it, shit happens. What this means is that I'm doing these reviews just to help the community out and, once I've taken all photos necessary for the blog post, I immediately discard the expired lenses. This of course means that I can't grade comfort fairly and it's thus based on my first (and only) impressions of wearing the lenses for approximately 10-15 minutes. I do NOT recommend wearing expired lenses! I'm only doing it under as short time as possible to get these reviews done.
In terms of comfort these lenses appeared to be just fine – they were thin, easy to insert, I barely felt them at all and they were overall comfortable. I have naturally really dry and sensitive eyes but I guess, if these had been fresh, I probably could have worn them for the usual 3-4 hours without eyedrops (which is good in my standards). Again, don't wear expired lenses to conventions, events etc – it's a stupid risk to take when lenses aren't even that expensive to begin with but your sight is irreplaceable.

Overall I think this is a decent lens. It has a cool burst-like design that sadly blends into my eyes to the point that the color darkens more than I would have liked. Only in bright, outdoor lights or up close do these really show their best side.. on light eyes at least. I wonder if these weren't intended for dark-eyed people? Whatever the case these are not really suitable as a cosplay lens in my honest opinion, simply because the color doesn't 'pop' enough and especially not from a distance. It's one of those lenses were you can clearly tell someone has lenses on but unless you get close, and in optimal lights, it's just kinda "oh it's some color alright". It's definitely not an ugly lens by any means but it's not what I was hoping for (your mileage may vary) and, to be honest, I now kinda lowkey wish I would have picked another color. xD I do feel like I'm sounding a bit harsh here but really, these are not bad I swear! It's just that I expected something more vibrant and bright.

Distance photo!


Short summary:

Color: 7/10
Multicolor blue-ish green lens, think seafoam green. The amount of black severely darkens the effect, dampening the 'oomph' I was hoping for.

Design: 7/10
A fancy, burst-like design with lots of black streaks. It's a fashion lens more than a costume lens.
Opacity: 6/10 
It changes my eye color but there's a bunch of transparency. Most pigmentation is near the edges. Blends nicely.
Enlargement: 6/10
Somewhat on the big side but very wearable.
Comfort: 7/10 
Seemed to be good. I didn't really feel them and they were thin and easy to wear.
Naturalness: 3/10
Too big and detailed to look natural on light eyes.

Thanks for reading, more reviews coming soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!