November 22, 2012

Masamune Date - lower half coat pattern

 Hi!

Decided to start working on my Masamune Date cosplay for real, my big "projektarbete" for school. I already have the wig and eyepatch but now I need to start making the costume itself. Again, this will be the default armor version and currently I plan to do the game version, which is slightly more detailed than the anime counterpart, but I might end up doing some kind of game-anime hybrid version. We'll see. xD

I didn't get so much done today but I managed to draw and cut out the pattern for the lower half of the coat.  I did it all by myself after a lot of measuring and planning. It took me pretty much 2 hours.. It looked surprisingly good after I test-wrapped it around my waist. I was pretty sure at one point I would screw it up but luckily it seems like I didn't.

Lower half coat pattern cut out
I'm going to make it in an upper and lower part with a seam that will likely be hidden by the belt. Me and mom figured it might be easier that way and I wouldn't get any side seams on the "buttcape" part. lol buttcape~

Oh, and I used this as a reference:

It's from some kind of reference sheet for the anime.
A godsend for cosplayers haha ~
I know it's the anime version but it's much easier to find good references from the anime..
As I said I will aim on doing the game version when it comes to those finer details and colors and stuff. I will probably use the base references from what is easily available (aka anime references) and then, when working, compare the game and anime versions with each other and then modify accordingly so that my costume looks more like the game variant when finished.

I hope that now when I started working on this cosplay that I will keep the fire burning until it's finished because I have just about half a year of time left to finish it, document the progress and show my project supervisor what I've done. I should have started this earlier but I'm a procrastinator and had some other issues and I know that this is quite the challenge so I can't sit still and do nothing with the time I have left. Neither can I take on any other cosplay project (unless it's super-mega-easy or some wafuku cosplay..) alongside this now until I've progressed a lot further.

See ya!

6 comments:

  1. Åh bra att testet funkade samt det är bra att börja tidigt när det gäller projektarbetet. Hybrider tro jag att jag nästan alltid gör med manga och anime efter som jag tar det som passa mig först och främst och det jag gillar. Eller gör jag lite som jag vill vet inte redigt XD
    Men det ser i alla fall bra ut och en söm där är mellan "buttcape" och livet är bra tänkt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jag skulle egentligen ha börjat mycket tidigare men jao, lite strul. Jag är aningen sent ute.. hoppas ett halvår räcker. Får jobba järnet!

      Jupp, är glad att jag slapp göra om. :)
      Hybrider är fint. XD

      Man tackar haha.

      Delete
  2. LOOL Buttcape!! :'DDD Mutta onnea sen cossin teon kanssa! Tästä se lähtee! C:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BUTTMAN'S BUTTCAPE... eiku. XD Kiitokset, nyt on viimeistään pakko lähteä tä tekeminen vauhtiin prkl!

      Delete
  3. Manskirt, buttcape... xDD "Butts are for sitting!" - Sensei Wu from Ninjago LOL ;P So yay, looks like it's coming along since you've got the pattern made! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manskirt. xDD LOL great motto.
      Yup, now it is on its way!

      Delete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!