April 9, 2017

Lens review: Neo Celeb Green

Hello peeps!

Today I will review the Neo Celeb Green circle lenses, a pair with a smaller diameter than average. These lenses have a dark limbal ring but are otherwise quite natural!

Let's go!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.2 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


These lenses are made by Neo, also known as Neo Vision and/or Neo Cosmo; I personally prefer to just call them Neo though. These are 2-tone lenses and it's good to know that genuine Neo lenses only come in 14.2 mm diameter or at least that's what I've read somewhere.

When seen from the vials the color looks like some sort of light moss green shade – some would perhaps call it dull or bland. It doesn't seem all that vibrant, nor impressive, but the color is actually quite pleasant once worn. It's a fairly natural green color; it doesn't really 'pop' or anything but it's there. I'd say that it's sophisticated, haha.

One lens in. Notice size difference.
As you can see the size boost is minimal I barely noticed the difference when I looked into the mirror with only one lens in and moved my gaze around. It's a realistic size but the thick black limbal ring will tell everyone that you're wearing colored contact lenses.

It's a bit hard to describe the design but it's quite simple and kind of a 'burst' print. It's nothing really unique or amazing but it has its own simplistic beauty. The Neo Celeb Greens would do just fine as a casual or everyday lens, if you wanted to wear them for that; they'd also work for some fancier occasions as well, although they might lack the vibrancy to be good cosplay lenses...

Lens photos incoming!
All photos taken by me during an April afternoon with a clear sky.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.

Bathroom light.
Facing a window in the corridor.
Flash photo.
Yellow light in the staircase.
Outdoors, with my back against the sun. Facing wall.
Outdoors, facing the sun while being under the building's shadow.
Outdoors, facing the sun.
I can't grade these properly in comfort because sadly the right lens was, in my case, defective. I tried to clean and reinsert it three times and every time it scratched my eye horribly and in the exact same way. It was always the upper part of my iris that stung and I barely managed to stand the pain long enough to take the photos. As soon as I was done taking the photos the defective lens flew straight into the trash. Defective lenses can happen to anyone and to any pair of lenses, sadly. :'(
The left lens was perfectly fine to wear and, honestly, pretty dang comfortable. I could easily wear it 3+ hours and barely felt it anywhere – no stinginess, teary eyes, redness or anything. It doesn't feel thick in my eye and it's overall really comfy. I'm sure that I could wear it for more than 5 hours if I wanted to.

So yeah, if you want small, comfortable and semi-realistic lenses with a notable limbal ring then pick these up! Of course I can't guarantee comfort because everone's eyes are different – but my sensitive and/or dry eyes didn't hate me for wearing these lenses. I've actually had a lot of problems with dry eyes lately so yeah, finding a comfy circle lens pair is getting harder and harder.

 Distance photo!


I've reviewed the Neo Celeb lenses in another color! Check it out: Violet

Short summary:

Color: 5/10
A light, somewhat muddy green. It's toned down and realistic. Calm and quite pretty in its own way.
Design: 7/10
Simple 2-toned design with a thick black limbal ring.
Opacity: 5/10
Decent. It makes my light blue-gray eyes appear green, although there's a slight blending effect.
Enlargement: 3/10 

Quite small. Good for those who don't want big dolly eyes.
Comfort: 7/10 
I can only grade for the non-defective lens, which was more comfy than your average lens. I could wear it over 3 hours with no issues, possibly much longer too. Doesn't feel thick in my eye.

Naturalness: 7/10
Ignore the black limbal ring and these aren't even too shabby in the natural department.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!