September 28, 2016

Lens review: I.Fairy Eclipse Blue

Yoo!

Today I have a circle lens review for you guys. ^-^ I will be reviewing the I.Fairy Eclipse Blue a really big dark blue lens. The print of the lens is like a mysterious night sky!

Let's get straight to reviewing, yo ~


Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 16.2 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


Already by looking at the lenses in their vials you can tell that these will be dark when worn, mainly because there's quite a lot of black in the design! I'm not sure if the print is supposed to look like something particular but for me it just looks like a dark blue sky. It's plain yet pretty at the same time.

As with any I.Fairy lenses these are really big and thus often need to be worn with makeup to not look weird. The amount of black in the lens further makes them appear big and dolly. But despite having a lot of black in them the Eclipse Blue doesn't fall into the "too dark for the actual color to show up" trap, which is a good thing because the color blends are balanced enough to appear dark blue in most light conditions. It's a pretty and rich deep dark blue.

One lens in.
Regarding comfort these were super easy to insert and were incredibly comfortable from the start. I don't feel them despite their size, except that sometimes I can experience a minor haze-like effect in my vision field – as if I was in a beginning mist, like a small blurring. It's nothing that has any detrimental value to the comfort scale since it's really minor.
I can quite easily wear these for several hours without anything really happening. I felt some slight bouts of dryness around the 2 hour mark, but that could also be because I've been staring at my computer screen non-stop. After 4 hours the lenses suddenly felt dry and that's when I took them off.

Lens photos ahead!
All photos taken by me during a September afternoon with a semi-clear sky. All close-up photos are free from color filters and such and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.


Apartment room light. Only natural light.
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
White-ish corridor light.
Yellow corridor light.
Facing an orange light in the staircase, with my
back turned against a window.
Indoors storage room. Natural light from the side.
Outdoors, back against the sun. (aka facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun while being in the shadow.
Outdoors, facing sun.
The coverage is good and even for being a really dark-colored lens these, somehow, manage to blend nicely into my eyes to avoid the ugly "color clash" effect, especially on light-eyed people like me. I mean, sure that you can see where the lens begins but the fade effect at the pupil hole is surprisingly well-made. I was kinda expecting these to not blend in as seamlessly as they do and, even though a small amount of my real eye color is visible at the center, it's far from detracting in any way.

Distance photo!


Wanna see Eclipse lenses in another color?
Check this out: Brown
 
Short summary:

Color: 7/10 

Captivating deep dark blue shade with black effects. Quite effectful.
Design: 7/10
The print is reminiscent of a beautiful and mysterious midnight sky.
Opacity: 9/10
The darkness makes these really opaque on my light blue-gray eyes.
Enlargement: 9/10
Biiiiiiiiiig eyes. Gives a distinct dolly eye effect.
Comfort: 7/10
Pretty good. Really comfy, except that they sometimes slightly blur my vision for a few seconds. Could wear them for 4 hours before they started to feel dry on my sensitive eyes.
Naturalness: 3/10
Too big and dark to really look natural on my eyes at least...

 Thanks for checking out this review!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Was looking for a decent review on some dark lenses and these look great!

    ReplyDelete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!