August 5, 2016

Lens review: Kimchi Prince Black

Hi there!

Here comes my first review for black circle lenses, the Kimchi Prince Black! I'm happy to finally get to review my first properly black lenses! C: These are huge and give a dark dolly eye effect to your peepers – really cute lenses!

But now, review!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 16 mm
Water content: 55%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)



So as you can see these lenses are indeed black, really dark but with the color fading towards the center, kinda turning grayish. When these lenses are worn they make your eyes look huge and black – perfect for dolly styles, anime eyes, those deer-inspired makeup looks or maybe even for some creepy but cute monster eyes! The contrast these lenses give on light eyes is really something! I suspect these would look the most natural on really dark brown eyes because the color change to black wouldn't be as drastic but if you want these for more extreme looks then, by all means, get them if you have light eyes!

One lens in. Notice the enlargement!
Okay, so these lenses are indeed really damn big and the blackness makes them appear even bigger. I would assume that these lenses would look sort of freaky if worn without any eye makeup but, then again, it might depend on your eye shape as well.

When it comes to comfort I wore these at a con for at least 5-7 hours and had no problems at all. I'd say that despite their big size they are surprisingly comfortable. My eyes tend to be dry and sensitive but I don't experience any issues with these lenses and can wear them several hours before I start to feel any signs of dryness.
The second time I wore these I felt the first signs of dryness at 3,5 hours but I could easily have worn them longer if needed; I took them off because I was playing video games.

Lens photos ahead!
All photos taken by me during a August afternoon with a semi-clear sky.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.


Facing window in my apartment. (sun side, cloudy)
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
White corridor light.
Yellow light in the staircase.
Orange light in the staircase, natural light (window) coming from the side.
Indoors storage room with natural light coming from the side.
Outdoors, facing sun while staying under the roof's shadow.
Outdoors, back against sun. (aka facing wall)
Outdoors, facing the sun.
All in all these lenses are really likable! The design is simple but I think that this kind of simple yet bold design works the best with black lenses – it really brings out the color and makes it stand out. The black color is super opaque and is sure to hide your real eye color effectively, except that because of the slightly big pupil hole your real eye color will show through in the center. I know that said look bothers some people but I've honestly started to like it because at least it's certain that I won't have colored corners in my vision. Oh and yeah, I don't have any issues with these lenses blurring my sight or anything like that. 
Needless to say I like these lenses and would recommend them if you need black circle lenses for any reason you might have!

Distance photo!


Short summary:

Color: 9/10  
Really deep and solid black color. Shows up incredibly well.
Design: 7/10
Simple design with the color fading towards the center. Works great for a black lens!
Opacity: 9/10
Great color coverage. The center fades slightly but it's not a lot, really.
Enlargement: 9/10
These appear seriously big but, then again, it can be because of the black color.
Comfort: 8/10
Good. I can wear them approximately 7 hours without issues. The first signs of them drying come around 3,5 hours for me but it's really minor and the lenses don't feel dry when I take them out.
Naturalness: 1/10
If you are light-eyed like me then these are really far from natural. Like, really.

Thanks for viewing my lens reviews!
Shiro Samurai says ciao ~

1 comment:

  1. thank you for this review! i'm thinking of getting these :) really well done with all the lighting photos!

    ReplyDelete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!