October 12, 2017

Lens review: Angelic Eye Mesmerize Blue

Hello people!

Long time no see, as you might have noticed. ^^" Truth is that during last month I moved to a new apartment (I finally have enough space to live in!) and that of course meant that I was incredibly busy with moving, paperwork etc. Things have started to settle down now but another big and equally real reason for my blog's silence is the fact that I do not have a reasonably working internet at home yet. You see, the plan was that I would share my cellphone internet to my computers etc but that didn't work out as planned since it turned out that my phone network is horribly shitty (borderline non-existant) indoors so yeah, I have to get a separate home internet for that which sucks because it means extra expenses, lol. Until I get the internet issue sorted out please understand that my blog(s) will be more inactive than usual but hey, I do still post on Instagram and Twitter!

Today's post will be a circle lens review that I should have done ages ago but, honestly, I kept waiting for the sun to show up (for best quality photos) but gave up after weeks of no golden globe in the sky. It felt like mission impossible. I've been so long without sunlight now that I barely remember what it looks and feels like, lmao. Here comes the Angelic Eye Mesmerize Blue review, nonetheless!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


As far as I know this brand might be exclusive to HoneyColor because I haven't seen them anywhere else, just so you know where to get these lenses if you fancy them. :) I must admit that I solely bought these for the mesmerizing design, like the name implies, hehe. I'm not gonna lie though – I had really high expectations for these lenses and in the end I guess I got a bit disappointed? I don't know.

One lens in. Notice color and size.
I have naturally light blue-gray eyes and normally any blue lenses look good on me, this pair included. The effect it does is pretty and kind of crystal-ish but I feel like, at the same time, it's not as sparkly and eye-catchingly bishounen as I hoped, lol. It could also be the incredibly dull weather outdoors numbing them down but it's hard to say. :/ I still feel like I expected more of a pop in color and a dreamy effect but got a big semi-natural lens instead – don't get me wrong though, I still like it and it's a beautiful lens on its own but it's just that it fell a bit short of what I personally hoped for. I must admit that I'm a fan of bright and colorful lenses, so when a gorgeous design isn't as vibrant as I want it to be I get disappointed. xD

Lens photos ahead!
All photos taken by me during an October afternoon with a cloudy sky.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.


Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
Indoors with the lamp on.
Indoors with only natural room light.
Indoors facing a wall, with window light in my back.
Facing a window (not sun side), weird blue light effect.
Facing a window (sun side), really cloudy sky.
These lenses are definitely big and the color appears a soft medium blue on my eyes a scratching in my butt tells me that the effect of these lenses might be more striking on darker eyes, maybe? Nevertheless it's a good fashion lens and suitable for dolly looks; I would say that this is one of those circle lenses that might work better for fashion than for cosplay – unless, of course, you want to go for a more natural color look; it could be good for more realistic video game characters and such. Sadly the color doesn't show up very clearly when viewed from a distance, hence why my first recommendation is for alternative fashion styles. It's a neat lens and thumbs up for the 'halo effect'!

Regarding comfort I'm not impressed. I managed to wear these for 2 hours and they then felt incredibly dry and I had to take them out! I do have really dry eyes naturally and the expiry date of the lenses was close by the time I took them out of their vials (I had almost forgotten to open them) so yeah, my comfort grade might not be the most accurate because of that. Had I opened them earlier they might have been more comfortable but one can't know. ^^" They aren't scratchy nor blurry but just dry out fast for me.

Distance photo! 


Curious about Angelic Eye Mesmerize lenses but in other colors?
Check out this review: Green

Short summary:

Color: 6/10
Soft semi-natural blue color. It's nice but it sadly doesn't show up much from a distance.
Design: 7/10
Pretty and mesmerizing crystal-like design that leaves a 'halo effect'.
Opacity: 5/10
Shows up as blue but because of the design there's quite a lot of transparency.
Enlargement: 7/10
Suitable for dolly eyes. Big size.
Comfort: 4/10
My grade is probably not fair because I only got to wear/open these when they were close to expiring but yeah, 2 hours at most on my dry eyes.
Naturalness: 6/10
Ignore the size and it's actually pretty okay for a natural lens! The color is toned down and the design's transparency makes it work.

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this review even though it's way late, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!