July 19, 2013

Närcon cosplay plans revealed! - Hakama warriors overload

I realized there's less than a week left for Närcon and hey guuuuuys, that means I should get my cosplay plans out in the air, right yo? Yes yo! So here we go!

Thursday

Series: Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan
Character: Toshizo Hijikata


The demon Vice-Commander returns again!
A con is not a con without a Hakuouki day (or well, half-day in Sannan's case) with Sairu-chan and Jäätynyt Enkeli! 8D
I can't wait for this!!

Friday

Series: Bakumatsu Renka Shinsengumi
Character: Souji Okita


I really enjoyed wearing this cosplay at Skecon so I decided Okita deserves to see a bigger convention too - Närcon! I just hope my armor won't die...
Oh oh oh, I will also be part of the "Episka cosplayschacket" (epic cosplay chess) on Friday as Okita so if you are going to watch it (I highly recommend it!) keep an eye out for me! ;D

Saturday

Series: Rurouni Kenshin
Character: Kenshin Himura (Battousai)


On Saturday you can say hello or not to the friendly or not manslayer. :DD
Kenshin is a comfortable cosplay to wear and I guess on Saturday I will be pretty adfgsafg on the morning from already having cosplayed 2 days so I'd rather have a cosplay that's pretty easy to put on and chill to wear. Yup. Now if I could find my tekkou before Närcon..

And in case I ain't a complete "fuck this cosplay shit"-zombie on Sunday morning then my Sunday cosplay will be...

Sunday

Series: Sengoku Basara
Character: Masamune Date (kimono)


Yup, kimono!Masamune gets to see new air from being in the closet since last year's Animecon! *blows away dust carefully*
Super chill cosplay to put on and shouldn't be much of a problem to wear either.. except for the fact that I'll be half-blind yey.

...
......
*drum roll*
HAKAMA. EVERYWHERE.
I KNOW. :DD I will be cursing everytime I have to go to the bathroom...

But I promise I have a reason for having this line-up and that's because all these characters have interchangeable cosplay parts between each other in some way.
For example Masamune's white kimono and blue hakama can be used for BRS Okita as well as Hijikata's hakama can be used for Kenshin and the shinsengumi haori is obviously multi-purpose. Also Hijikata's sword belt works for BRS Okita's, well, sword belt too. xD Not to mention all the characters except Kenshin can use the same shoes and Hijikata's swords are generic enough to work for all these guys!
This means I'll save a lot of luggage space which is always appreciated, especially when I'm going to a far-away con.

I guess that's about it, I hope I will see more Finns at the con so if you are attending Närcon too then write a comment here! :D I will be camping with Jäätynyt Enkeli and Sairu-chan and it would be cool to have a "Finnish corner" or something haha!

Let's go to Närcon guys!

4 comments:

  1. Laskettiin kaverin kanssa että Närconiin saattaa saapua reippaasti yli 30 Suomalaista kävijää! : DDDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. aa wish i could come to närcon too 3: and btw. I send the pics of your rasetsu-cosplay when my friend sends them to me first : pp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot!! <3 Can't wait to read your Närcon summary soon. =D

    ReplyDelete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!